Do You Access Internet From A Phone Or Laptop?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by remnant • May 13, 2016.

1. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I would say my phone mostly. It's easier to carry around, you can access wifi or personal data. Although I have limited data, thankfully there are many places with free internet. I use my laptop, but only with wifi connections. It's still very useful and some things you can still only do through a laptop.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have an internet subscription to a major provider for our home desktop. We bought a router so it can share the internet via wifi. That means phones in our home can be used for the internet. And when we go out, we turn off the router and the modem that connects to the internet provider. Aside from saving on electricity, we are also assured that no one can use our internet connection (no wifi since the router is off).

3. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    Can't agree with you more @RogMeet@RogMeet. I quite seem to type faster on the phone than on my PC. So depending on what am doing, especially if its stuff that involves massive typing then I use my phone. But I use my Lap for general browsing and downloads or when massive typing isn't involved.

4. pritech

pritechNew Member

Threads:
    From my desktop, and my laptop.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually access from both. But, I tend to rely on my laptop more often than not. I usually only use the internet on my phone to surf and search while I use my laptop for the same thing along with shopping and watching videos online. I spend more of my time on my laptop than phone.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I use both of them but lately i have been using my phone a bit more since i haven't been around the house for long.

7. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    I prefer using my phone. It's portable compared to a laptop making it easy to access internet wherever I go since my phone is one thing I wouldn't leave the house without.

8. ohiosam

ohiosamNew Member

Threads:
    I access internet mostly on my desktop, its a dell desktop windows. Although i have a few phones that can access the internet and an android tablet, i enjoy the desktop for online work and my android devices for fun, such as music.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    90 % of the time i access the Internet from my laptop since i use it for almost everything, i would only use my phone when i'm out or need a change.

10. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly access the internet through my computer, because I find my smartphone screen inadequate. I dislike small letters and the desktop computer screens give me a better view of the things I suppose to watch or read.
    I don't have any problem with the bandwidth because my internet package is unlimited and with fixed price monthly.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I only access the Internet through my phone but sometimes I share my phone hotspot and link up my laptop to my phone data a bandwidth. The reason I use my phone to access the internet is because it's cost effective. I spend less using phone for my Internet connection.

And also, there is nothing like free WiFi in my country Nigeria in which one would say to use laptop and have access to internet connection. Most cybecafe lock there WiFi connection. It's only some university that actually allow free WiFi for its students which they are actually paid for in their school fees and therefore it's literally not free.

12. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I mostly get access to internet through my phone.Because I have to do a lot of work on my cell phone.It is very easy to use many features on cell phone.Because we have to do most of our work in offices,house and other public places.Therefore,we should have a secure internet connection on our personal cell phone to complete these tasks.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    At home we have the Wifi system. And so for this reason we make use of the laptop and desktop. When I am out mostly I make use the data plans. Internet system seems to be good here if it is from the Wired broadband plan. In case of the wireless I'd recommend making use of the 4G plans. And that does work out from what I have seen so far as well.

14. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I am using both of my phone and laptop in accessing the internet. I use my phone to access the internet when I am mobile and needs to do a quick search for something. I also use the internet to be connected to other people by using social media apps. I use my laptop when I am at home or in the office. If I need to have a longer period of internet usage, my laptop is my go to guy.

15. Joanncali

JoanncaliNew Member

Threads:
    I usually access internet from my phone because it's more convenient. I can easily open my emails, facebook and skype calls. Phone is handy and portable than my laptop. To access internet on laptop takes some time to turn on and it's more heavy to carry. You can also easily get alerts from your phone because the phone app is running all the time.

16. fishbate

fishbateNew Member

Threads:
    I actually use both laptop and phone to access the internet. I have a wireless broadband service at home to connect multiple devices simultaneously. I usually use laptop for researching and project making, at the same time i use my phone to access my social media accounts for updates and news. In my opinion they both work great, multitasking is a way of coping with work in the smallest amount of time. Using this two device helps me in accomplishing work and personal activities. Its just a matter of designating them;).

17. eminem77

eminem77New Member

Threads:
    For me, I frequently use my phone to go to the internet because it's much handy, but if there are things I need to respond like for emails, I prefer laptop. And there are some sites that are not mobile friendly so it's still laptop or PC I use to browse the internet.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using my laptop and mobile phone for my Internet job. There is a difference between laptop and mobile phone as far as accessing the Internet. Laptop functions like the desktop PC except for its handiness. But mobile phone has a limited function for it is handier compared to laptop.

19. returnsregexp

returnsregexpNew Member

Threads:
    Laptop I think...though it should be 55/45% to phone, almost same ;)

20. Marsha Hall

Marsha HallNew Member

Threads:
    Hey, what antiviruses could you guys suggest me on my laptop?:)