Buying Second Hand Toys For Toddlers

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by dane • Jan 19, 2018.

1. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I don't know if its just my 'almost' OCD speaking, but I really hate buying second hand toys for toddlers, especially because I know the first stop for that toy will be their mouth. Unfortunately, I can't always afford the new toys, and I usually find some really great bargains on second hand ones. What are your thoughts on this?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    It is understandable that babies will always put anything they hold in their mouth. I think you can still get the second hand toys, wash them, disinfect them, rinse them and leave them to dry. It depends with the material especially plastic ones. New ones still need some cleaning especially because they will go in the mouth of the toddler.

3. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there's nothing wrong with second hand toys for toddlers. When my little sister was a still a toddler, my mother buys secondhand toys to save money. Before my mother gives it to my little sister, she washes and disinfects it so that they are very clean because we all know that toddlers have the habit to put toys on their mouth.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have always bought them second-hand toys and I was not worried about the germ issue because all the toys are sterilized before I gave them to my kids. I prefer to buy secondhand toys because it lasts longer (are bought from the outside of the country and our toys are low quality) and because it has a cheaper price.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    There is nothing wrong with buying second hand toys for toddlers. You just need to ensure it's properly washed and sterilised if need be. You can even refurbish some second hand toys. Maybe change the outer layer with fresh material.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went to Walmart just the other day and passed by Walgreens. Walgreens has a bargain counter where they had toys on sale. I found a couple packs of Christmas cards for just .79! Walmart has good prices for children as well as for adults clothes and for children toys. Try checking online for Walmart's rollbacks. The account for Walmart and Walgreens are free and a Walgreens card which is free too gets you points you accumulate to use for cash and when you have enough points you can ask your cashier if you can deduct it from your purchase. Great way to save just half an hour of window shopping got me .79 Christmas cards and I saw lots of toys at the bargain counter at Walgreens! I believe Walgreen's bargain counter isn't on their site...you just got to visit the store for it. Check for a Dollar Store in your neighborhood for some posts say it's worth it to shop at Dollar Stores.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I guess both will be okay new one and a secondhand one too. The kid should just play with them.

What about

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say there is noting wrong with good conditioned second hand toys. Even new toys could get dirty while they are playing with them. So it's not a big deal. You need to sterilize their toys and be set yourself tension free.