Buying Shoes That Don't Require Polish

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Jan 26, 2018.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have done some calculation and concluded that the cumulative cost of shoe polish during the lifetime of a shoe can be many times the original cost of the shoe. Therefore, it would be prudent if one buys a pair of shoes that are not only resilient to the elements but also one that doesn't need to be polished. Such shoes also tend to be durable and only need to be wiped and dried in the sun and you are good to go.

2. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously, I would be happy to see such shoes in the market. I've not had the chance to think of those shoes that doesn't require polishing, but reading what you said made me to ponder on that since buying such shoe will enable one to save money that would have been spent on polish and things used to do it.

3. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well i don't see this happening any time soon since not only does it seem impossible in my opinion but it's pretty fat fetched idea.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I also like shoes that don't require to be polished. I have some few pairs I can just wipe off the dust and it will be okay. I have one that needs to be polished but I only polish a few times. The smell of shoe polish is strong and really irritates me. It's true that shoe polish is expensive in the long run.

I like black shoes but the material made should be washable or easy to be wiped by a wet piece of cloth.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that polishing over and over can be tiring and annoying but it's rather repetitive and requires some effort and consistency.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The thing about polish is it's protective. My granddaughter rarely needs to polish her school shoes but I do them anyway because I find they last longer. That waxy coat you get with shoe polish stops the rain and dirt getting into the fabric of the shoe whether it's leather or synthetic.

7. Marsha Hall

Marsha HallNew Member

Threads:
    I always buy only high-quality leather shoes. It is better to buy one expensive than a few cheap pairs of shoes. That's my rule.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to buy such kind of shoes.