1&1 Domains

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cluckis • May 27, 2012.

1. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I know its not a product that you would buy in a store, but I still want to review it!

I personally love 1&1 for hosting my domain (

). They do a fantastic job, and they charge less than most places do. I pay about $10 a year for .com domain with Private Whois, then I use Tumblr to host my domain for free.

The only downside I have with 1&1 is the 5 subdomain limit, but otherwise there whole system is pretty easy to use.

Tell me what you think!

2. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    A five sub-domain limit..? Awh...

But 10$ for a whole year? That's amazing o;

How would their plans do with heavy traffic? Have you been getting good loading speeds on the website?

3. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    How quick is the server speed? You mean 10 bucks per year for the registration right? That is actually about the mainstream because I pay fifteen for mine.

4. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wondering about 1&1...have you used them as your website builder or just your domain registry? I am currently using the Weebly platform to host my site and I love the easy WYSIWYG site building platform, but the functions are pretty limited and I was starting to wonder about changing. Anybody had any experience with the site buidling platform for 1&1? Do they provide any hosting services?

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased my domain name through 1&1 have not used their other services as of yet. The domain service was good no problems, the cost of .99 was very good and the reason I went with them.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Ten dollars a year is about standard for domain names, actually. Last time I checked, godaddy had the same price.

My experience with 1&1 was that they made it difficult for me to choose what host I wanted to use, and then made it difficult to end my relationship with them.

7. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I got my domain from 1&1 for .99 which was the main reason I went with them, because of their pricing. I had no problems whatsoever with sign-up and their DNS changes were very quick. I believe there's a deal right now where you can get a month of hosting from GoDaddy for 0.01?