1 Dollar Menu Or A Combo?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheKnight • Nov 15, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    What would be best, cheaper or more for you? Buying enough 1 dollar menu items to fill yourself or buying an adult combo? I find that buying a combo is best because the only way I'd be satisfied with a meal full of 1 dollar items, is if I purchase 6 items because everything is smaller. That comes to a little over 6 dollars and if I buy a combo, it's usually a large drink, large burger and large fries for 5 dollars. I think this varies on how much a person eats.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I think it depends on how a person eats. If he/she wants to eat in large portions or small amount of food. I personally choose the 1 dollar per meal since I think it will be much cheaper or more worth it compared if I buy an adult meal.

Whenever I go to a fast food chain and feel really hungry, I always check the menu and see if what will make my tummy full. Then I will compute if how much would be the difference if I order this and that. Then finally, after computing and so, I'll be getting my order then :)

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe since I do eat small portions most of the time I would buy from the one dollar menu plus I like to have more options of food. Maybe I would also spend $5 as well but I will have 5 different choices. For example, I would buy a drink, onion rings, nuggets, fries, and a burger. That would be my ideal meal I would be completely filled.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That is exactly what I do. I stay out of line looking at the menu for a good 10 to 15 minutes and decide what I want to eat based on how much money I have and how hungry I am.

It must be nice having enough money because if I did, I'd just go ahead and order anything as long as it can satisfy me.

5. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    If I eat out at a fast food place which is rare and usually only eat at Braums or a ma and pop hamburger joint, I usually get a kids hamburger or a Jr combo (usually around 3-4 dollars). I find that it is the appropriate serving size and save the most money.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually think it is cheaper and more filling to buy from the dollar menu, if you can find them. Not all the fast food establishments are offering the dollar menu these days, or if they do, they are very limited in terms of what they offer. I think Wendy's has a good one, and McD's isn't too bad.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You must have bigger burgers than where I live because the Jr. Burgers here are tiny and thin. The fries that come with it are only about half a potato too.

Wendy's does give some pretty good deals so you're right about that. I would be filled with five 99-cent burgers than with one 5 dollar burger. Heck, 3 smaller burgers would be enough.

8. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight They are small but they are a recommended serving sizes (3 -4 oz) for adults actually, however Braum's burgers are a bit thicker (and tastier), so they are smaller but they fill me up.

#8Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always stick to the dollar menus whenever I go to a place that has one. If nothing else, it is just a good way to keep me from spending too much, especially given the fact that the food is probably not that great for me anyways. Sometimes I have to get a larger order of french fries though, because those happen to be my favorite.