10 Grains of rice donated for every question you answer correctly.

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by marvelz • Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I am also wondering how answering questions can be profitable? I love the idea behind it and if they do donate as much as they say they do, I am impressed. I am going to sign up and do my bit but I have also emailed, just so I can get understand more about donations etc. I will let you all know when I get a response.

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    There are a few things about this that I am a little confused about. Still interested in trying it, though.

3. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    The website's great for awareness, but for long term effectiveness it'd only be great if the website continuously got new viewers and hits.

Nonetheless a great idea! Answered a few tricky questions myself. :p

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    It's a wonderful interactive site for awareness. I'm glad you had a go!!

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks, livvi. Looking forward to hearing from you if they get back to ya!!:)

6. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty happy this thread is still visible in the forums at 200+ days and gets daily views. I hope a lot of people have had a go at the site and done even just a couple of questions to make a little difference to the poor and hungry of this world.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

That's pretty cool that a site will do something like this but I am curious on how they are able to do this just from people answering questions?

8. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    When you enter the site and start answering questions, you'll see sponsored advertisements at the bottom of the screen. The sponsors support free education and reducing world wide hunger (free rice). Basically, The free rice website allows advertisements to be placed on their site in exchange for the rice being bought by those companies.

9. harryca

harrycaNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, I'm impressed! Such a great idea, using internet advertising earnings for charity, and all that while having fun playing a game! This deserves more attention from people. But are they truly using the money for charitable causes, or are they exploiting our good will? Anyone knows if it's legit and if any other similar sites exist?

10. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    10 grains of rice doesn't seem like a whole lot. How much is that, like less than a penny?

I mean I'm sure the intentions are good but its not really enough to make me want to spend any time.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids love FreeRice! They love getting to help and they're learning to boot. It's such a great idea..

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love FreeRice! It's such an awesome concept and easy to get involved in :).

13. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it doesn't seem a lot, 10 grains of rice for every question, but it does build up. Plus the fact you can create groups yourself. So let's say you had 100 people in a group all answering questions, you can see how it would soon build. The questions are also quick fire questions, short and easy to answer.

I can easily answer 50 questions in a few minutes. If 100 people where doing this in a group (which I've seen on there) That's 50,000 grains of rice in just a few minutes from those 100 people. If thousands of people are doing it on the site per day.....sound like it's worth your time now?

14. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Well 10 grains of rice is pretty low for a competition like that..i guess you might wanna raise the stakes..that will make this contest more interesting and further participation would be expected.

15. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love this site. I have been having my goddaughter do this after her homework for years now. It kills two birds with one stone. Helps in her eduction and helps her to understand that nothing comes from nothing. She realizes how long it takes to accumulate a certain amount of rice. I love what their doing.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right. I do click-to-give sites like The Hunger Site and The Child Literacy Site and they have corporate sponsors that pay for people's clicks. My daughter does the free rice website and there's another one where the sponsors plant a tree for a certain number of questions answered. I like click-to-give sites because they allow people who don't have much to help out those who have even less.

17. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Glad to hear about the collaboration between corporate America and getting money to reputable charities. I too click and donate. ASCAPA you are right, if you can give a safe and easy way to donate, without judgment, people may help out. Every bit, large or small helps. Getting it in is a good thing.

18. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    It sounds really good. I take part in most charity issues and I proudly say that I'm an active member in my local organization. But the difference is I do it physically, say manual work. This fills within me an esteemed happiness to cherish for long. I wondered seeing this because I never knew all these charity happen online. Long back I heard about it, not sure which website it was, and paid very least attention towards it. I just thought all such sites are fake then. After reading all the replies above I came to a final conclusion that this website is really worth that I heard about it long back. I'd never done it online and waiting eagerly to give it a try.

Are there any such other websites to try?

19. firelily99

firelily99New Member

Threads:
    Interesting way to make money - or rice! I'll have to check the site out, I've never seen that approach before. Do you know how successful they are in raising rice?

20. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    This is one of the coolest ideas I have heard of. First of all it helps the charity. Then even better it helps kids see that it can be fun to take time out of their day to do things for others. You had a pretty awesome teacher in my opinion. I applaud them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.