10 Ways To Blast Away ADULT ACNE

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 5, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Most of us have experienced acne in some form or other, from mild to the rampant!. Well, whatever level and type of acne you experienced in your "formative years", you're probably overjoyed that you're no longer struggling with this issue.
    And yet, there are still some of us who are now plagued with adult acne. You may not have even had this problem until you became an adult, and you may have been wondering why mother nature has chosen to play this "evil trick" on you at this time, when you...are "happening!"
    If you laughed out loud at that one, then great, but adult acne has really struck home in my family, and with other persons who I know who I consider my peers.
    According to Webmd.com, adult acne can be caused by several factors, including stress and changes in our hormone levels (due to things like menopause or switching birth control meds.
    You probably know of several other factors that you either know of as causing adult acne or that have caused your own case of adult acne.

I'd love for you to share with me:

1. Whether You've Suffered From Adult Acne
    2. How You've Dealt With It/How You're Dealing With It
    3. What Products You Recommend As Effective For Adult Acne Sufferers

And I wouldn't leave you "hanging" without a few suggestions that could help too!
    Webmd.com and everydayroots.com suggest you:
    • Give your face a wash for a MAXIMUM of TWICE a day
    • Use COOL or WARM water to wash, and also a GENTLE cleanser
    • Use your HANDS, and also a BABY WASHCLOTH or even a cleansing brush for THIRTY SECS, and then PAT (DON'T RUB) your skin dry.
    • Over-the-counter creams
    • Cosmetics that include salycylic acid
    • Prescribed Medications
    • Laser Treatment
    • Apple Cider Vinegar
    • Cinnamon and Honey Mask and/or
    • Milk and Honey/Yogurt

Let me hear what YOU have to say!

#1Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have been dealing with adult acne for a while now. I am 22 now, so I would say that it's adult acne. It's something that has occurred recently. I have tried everything from Milk,honey, lemon to tomato juice, carrot and what not to only find a couple ore acne when I wake up in the morning. It's really frustrating, but I have realized that there is not much I can do about it.

3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to improve the look of my skin, since it's one thing that ladies appreciate.
    But I don't think I'm down with yogurt masks.... Certainly not with laser treatments.

Is there any products you can recommend for men?
    Like Zohan, I want to get silky smooth.

4. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have found face,asks to be irritating my skin and causing more acne that there was before. So I tend to avoid them at all costs now since the are not worth it anymore.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have been dealing with acne since I was around 13 or 14. I have tried so many products including Practive. Nothing seemed to work for me. I have never tried honey and milk. That sounds like a stick combination. At this point I will try anything.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    This is probably just anecdotal, but I have found that my face is acne free whenever I am eating healthy. Whenever I get serious about working out I start eating only lean meats and a variation of vegetables, so everytime I'm working out my face clears up and looks great. Once I start eating processed and fast food the acne comes back. So my suggestion to everyone is to eat healthy and wash your pillowcase every week.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I got older I got less and less pimples, and now as an adult I just get the occasional zit. But when I was a teen I had a severe case of backne. Good thing it was on the upper back below the shoulders and not on the face. Like pimples would just gather there. My aunt gave me Panoxyl Acnegel and it was quite effective in drying up the zits overnight, so I suggest everyone to try it.

8. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I have acne because I have naturally greasy skin (as in after washing my face, my skin gets greasy again in around 1/2 hours). I have been using a cream called Duac, which dries my skin out and so prevents my pores from being blocked by the oil. I find this really effective and has cured most of my acne, although my scars still remain.

9. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have been experiencing less trouble with my skin condition. I remember stressing out over a really bad acne break as a teen, and I have never experienced anything like that again. I have oily skin and I always thought that scrubbing it away every chance I had would remove the problem completely. I was wrong. The only solution was to gently clean your face depending on your condition. My routine now is to wash my face as soon as I get up from bed and moisturize throughout the day. Had I thought of this sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of trouble. Even splashing my face with water does the job. I do not have the need to use acne products every day - it is actually not recommended. I only use it sparingly because it feels nice. I only get pimples on a spot where I was either scratching or rubbing on at some point during the day. Keeping my hands away from my face helps too.

10. KaranKhurana

KaranKhuranaBanned

Threads:
    I am also suffering from acne long time and i have tried many things include home remedies. Recently my beautician friend suggest me to use ClinicTop acne cream. Pharmacy don't have it and they give me another cream contain same ingredients (i don't know what to use here). It's really working but need patient. More than half acne gone till now in 15 to 20 days.

11. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I saw a blog that insisted turmeric was the key to solving acne. I tried it and it only succeeded in making me look like I have jaundice. In conclusion: don't use it haha

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally when I have an out break I will just clean my skin with rubbing alcohol to make sure all of the dirt is off of my skin and apply Noxema, a skin cream that has helped keep my skin looking good for years. Noxema is an old cream and many younger people may not have heard of it but it works.

13. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    You are addressing facial acne here though. I actually have hardly an acne on my face. I think they should address a problem about "bacne" or acne on your back which affects a lot of people world wide, myself included. I have had it since I was in high school and at 31 it still is all over my back. Salycylic acid can't be used for you whole back. And using soap and water and scrubbing my back has not worked at all. I went online and there is a special medication you can take but it has a lot of side effects but has proven to be very effective. But some of the side effects are quite dangerous if you take ANY other medication.

PS If anybody knows any treatment that is not full of harmful side effects let me know.

14. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've found that using an AHA has made all the difference for my skin. I never suffered from acne until just recently. I had fairly clear skin throughout high school and I never had to deal with scarring, until just recently. My facial acne got out of control last year and I was breaking out like crazy. I had painful, red, cystic acne on my chin and cheeks and even when it would go away on it's own it left red marks behind.

I finally looked into getting laser treatment as a last resort but then I found a product that I really love. It's called Alpha Hyrdrox and it's a 10% glyolic acid lotion. It took a while to get used to it, but it removed the dead skin cells and has stopped me from breaking out. It's also evened out my skin tone and has reduced the scarring on my face. It's taken about 3 months but I've seen a dramatic difference.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that drinking 2 cup of green tea every day is pretty effective at keeping my skin clear. I don't know what it is in the green tea, but I made this discovery quite by accident and it has served me well over the years. I think it might just be the particular blend of anti-oxidants in the tea that draws out toxins in my body so my skin is overall healthier. I have also heard that green tea is thought to draw extra androgens out of the body which could also be a reason it works, but I'm not sure. It's worth a try if you are dealing with acne as green tea is healthy. It may take about 2 weeks to see if it will make a difference for your acne, but it will be good for your whole body either way.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From the suggestions you enumerated above, I'd go for the laser treatment ('cause I've got persistent little scars splattered all over my cheeks) and the honey and cinnamon mask. The latter particularly intrigues me. All the masks I've used so far have been non-organic and generally chemical-infested. I fear using manufactured mask products will be harmful to my skin in the long run. So I'd like to try cinnamon combined with honey. I've been hearing about honey's great effects on the skin since forever.

17. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    In an effort to cut costs, I had to give up the manufactured products. Instead, I use an exfoliating scrub made from honey (about a tablespoon) and a 1/2 packet of Sugar in the Raw that I lift from Panera or whatever restaurant I'm in. I just mix it in the palm of my hand. Then, I follow with a mask made of plain Greek yogurt and left on for about five minutes. I use a tiny bit of olive oil as a moisturizer at night. My skin actually looks better than when I was spending hundreds of dollars a year on Estee Lauder and Lancôme products.

18. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    If you're like me, then a big part of the problem you may have been facing, is more or less your skin type. I have naturally oily skin, and so there are certain products that work well for my wife, but which have no effect on my skin really. I'd say that a very important part in starting the healing process for your skin is to actually find out what skin type you have. This typically varies from dry to normal/combination, to oily.
    Acne products are all specifically designed for specific skin types, and have chemicals in them that are geared to address the unique issues that are associated with the different skin types. I have started using Clean & Clear deep pore action cleanser, made specifically for oily skin, and trust me, it started working the moment I started using it. It was absolutely amazing! And this, compared to another product (sulfur soap) that my wife had been using, and which I tried as a result. That soap had virtually no effect for me, and the bumps even seemed to multiply!
    So, my encouragement to you would be to get a professional assessment (say, at the dermatologist), as to your unique skin type, and then seek products that are made specifically for your skin type. You'll definitely see a difference!

19. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Great suggestion! Diet and exercise play critical parts in affecting the health of our skin. There are certain foods that are charged with the wrong kind of fats, lead to high cholesterol and other dietary imbalances, all affecting our metabolism negatively, and upsetting the overall framework and operation of our bodily system.
    Good stuff in, good stuff out is a great mantra to live by, and it doesn't change when it comes on to skin care. So often, we think that it's only what we can administer topically to our skin that makes the difference, but several health professionals recommend drinking a lot of water to keep pores clear and unclogged, eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, and staying away from meals that are packed with saturated fats and that are overly processed.
    It is also recommended that we balance our diet with fat-burning, consistent exercise, that features both cardio and resistance training components.
    I love your suggestions! Great way to go! Keep up your great habits!

20. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've used that before but I didn't get any clearly positive results with it so I just went on to try something else. I just chalked it down to one of the many other solutions I've tried with no success, but of course it always varies from person to person.
    Do you think the alcohol cleaning is the missing step?