2048, anyone?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Jul 21, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got a little addicted to 2048 for a few days, and that game was a great time waster. What other time wasters can you think of? I mean, I know there are plenty of them, but I bet there are some that I haven't heard of yet. What do you guys have?

2. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Think is also a great logic game developed by June Software and perfect for wasting a couple of hours of your time if you have nothing else to do. Its fun, intuitive, modern and most importantly keeps you thinking and not getting bored. The day I got it I spent quite a few hours doing just that until I got stuck and annoyed. But then I came back to it with a fresh mind the next day and figured out the answer and moved on again, and it just keeps you going even if it gradually becomes more complicated. Its fun, you should try it.

3. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:

I was introduced to boardgameonline by one of my best friends. Even though he seemed enthusiastic about it, I thought it'd be a silly game with no addictive elements whatsoever. Boy, was I ever wrong.

This game is, like you would think, a board game. However, there are certain elements in it that make it highly repayable. You can get items that do crazy things, die and come back to life as animals, get tested on your trivia, and more. It's hard to explain what it is without writing a novel. It's better to just try it out for yourself and see how you like it.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I won't lie I tried the game and did not have fun. Maybe I missed it or something, but it had no instructions, so I really didn't know how to play. Then when I figured it out it got a bit repetitive. The thing is, most games like the puzzle games are like that. They are the same just get harder and harder. I'd rather play a game that changes is up a bit.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also quite addicted to 2048. It's a nice little game that grabs your attention for a long time. I have reached the tile 2048 numerous times and my aim right now is to try to reach the next tile - 4096.

Are there any other games that are good time wasters? Yeah, there are lots of them out there. You could try out Frozen Free Fall or Candy Crush Saga or Bag It or Fruit Pop. These games are definitely worth your attention. Check them out now.

6. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play 2048 when it first came out! I tried and tried but couldn't end it for the life of me! After a few days, however, I worked out the proper technique to do it and managed to finish it! I stopped playing it after that, since I came to the end and that's why I started playing the game in the first place. My brother really likes Tetris Blitz, an android app that lets you play tetris, compete in tourneys against other players and so on! Give it a try!

7. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    2048 is fun, but once you solve the puzzle, it gets boring real quick. I have tried a few similar games but the only one I remember is called Dots. There are lots of good puzzle games on the app store. Just navigate to the puzzle category and you should be able to choose one that interests you.

8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly Facebook-games: MMORPGs, Farming Games, Find-In-Scene Games, Match-3 games, FARKLE, Solitaire ... with friends constantly inviting you back with 'help-bait' ("energy," lives, coins, etc.)

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really understand the game because there was no instructions whatsoever. I think I've only played the game for a few seconds and decided i can't be bothered playing the game and deleted it off my phone right away. I know it was probably that easy and i could've got the hang of it if i give it a few more tries but i don't know, i don't like it. -.-

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I got addicted to it for a quite a time. But soon, I had to stop playing it. I never got bored, though playing it. It's always fun. It's just that it's too time-consuming and attention catching that whenever I play, it's the only thing that I am doing for the whole day. So if I didn't stop myself early on, I'd probably be really buried in that addiction and I am now reaping the bad side of being addicted.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The game didn't exactly waste my time as I only needed around 5 days to completely solve it (and I wasn't even playing super seriously). The game's fun and it stimulates parts of your brain that one doesn't often use to great effect. A friend suggested it to me and my random way of doing things lead me to a strategy that eventually propelled me to get out of the number maze faster than I thought possible. Setback? When I completed the puzzle, my motivation for playing it ran out of steam.

12. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I played 2048 for quite a while, and by quite a while, I mean a week, it didn't take me to long to beat it and it was great fun while it lasted but once I beat it, I was done with it, I didn't see a point in playing it anymore. The only time I play it now is when I'm at my boyfriend's and he leaves his iPad laying around.

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I saw someone playing it on the train and then picked up from there. It is fun, but it's not addictive once you get to 2048. There is a slight challenge in trying to finish all of the achievements, but it's not something that I just have to play. Dots did get old pretty quick, but I still have it on my phone. One game you should try is Dabble HD, I loved that game and I probably should get back to it.

14. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy this app on my phone. I tend to play with speed and mess up around the four thousand mark. I am not a very patient gamer, so speed is what keeps me engaged. It is like that for almost every game, it is always a test of speed and efficiency for me. Flappy bird, I love that game.

I have no other apps that are similar and just as good as this. The Dots apps had a very nice presentation, but it got dull and never got back in it again. 2048 is actually a game that has stuck around for a while.

15. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still bust it out a couple times per week just to make sure that my mind's still quick. ;] It's still a fun game, even after you've beaten it a few times. You can always try and get your score higher and higher, although you'll eventually hit a point where advancing further just becomes a chore. I don't think I'll uninstall 2048 anytime soon.

16. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I actually loved that game. I couldn't play arcade mode for a while just because I suck so I just had fun in practice undoing as many times as I can. That was a while ago, I can't wait to start playing the game again haha.

17. Muraki

MurakiNew Member

Threads:
    Well after 2048 I think you just have to try the Flappy 2048.

Also there is a huge selection of very good and very addicting games on the app store for any android mobile device. Now days I tend to download games from the store for the windows 8.1 and some really good ones which are free would be Hungry Shark Evolution and Monster Craft. But if you are looking for a really addicting game I think you should go for the games that have to be paid.

Nobody really likes to pay for apps but the difference is enormous and in the end, because of the experience, it is worth the money.

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot about this game and I think it is quite a okay game. I haven't downloaded it in my phone till now as it takes up a lot of phone space. However, I enjoy playing this game in my friends' phone whenever I have some free time. I think it is a great game to pass time.