3-in-1 Instant Coffee Mixes

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jul 12, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    nescafe.

Anyone else here who are fans of 3-in-1 coffee mixes? I love them and while I'm far from being a coffee snob, I do like tasting different brands of these and figuring out which ones are my favorites and which ones I dislike. So far, I've gotten to taste such brands as Kopiko and Vinacafe from Malaysia, and these are the ones I kind of like but my favorite will always be Nescafe. That said, I'd still love to find some more brands to taste so I'm hoping to get some recommendations here of brands I might not have heard of - popular or obscure. Thanks!

#1Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I have never tried that kind. You mentioned Vinacafe they are pretty good. They have a variety of flavors. The only other instant coffee I have tried was the MRE kind from the military. It's all about the cream and sugar in my opinion. Well, at least with most coffee I need cream and sugar. If the instant coffee is that good I don't need sugar, just creamer.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I still prefer brewed coffee, but of course, when I'm in the office or if I want something quick, 3-in-1 coffee mixes would be the next best choice. Not all brands though are good, although yeah, Nescafe is, in general, not too bad. The taste is very authentic and sometimes, you won't even notice that you are just drinking a 3-in-1 coffee. Whenever we go for a driving trip, I would always bring sachets of 3-in-1 coffee to keep me awake whenever I need it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite would have to be Great Taste White Coffee. Like it's name implies, it's white and creamy, and I love how it tastes. I don't really like the strong and dark type of coffee, and I drink my coffee cold, never hot, so I like them sweet and creamy.

5. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    I prefer brewed coffee too, but I am often going around, and so I don't always have time for it. I was big fan of 3-in-1 mixes when I had too busy schedule. I like Nescafe but I think that Jacobs is better. We also have something called Doncafe here. I really like it, especially that they also have 4-in-1 with Guarana in it. It's really good idea when you want to stay up late.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree Great Taste is pretty good! I'd consider it at least in my top 5 choices with Nescafé still at the top. I also agree that it's great making these into cold drinks but I honestly prefer black coffee for making into cold drinks for some reason even though I know that objectively having a creamy cold drink should taste better to me.

7. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    We must be related. I love Nescafe 3-in-1 too. I never really tried to purchase a different flavor other than the Original or rather, I'm not really interested to. I'm contented as of now and maybe in the future I'd want to try others. Nescafe however is my only trusted brand.
    IMG_20230303_124515.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Same here.. I'm actually not a fan of 3-in-1 coffee mixes until I tasted Great Taste White (they now have the sugar-free version). I learned that in the Philippines, it was Great Taste who first introduced the 3-in-1 mixes (they owned Blend45 too). All along I thought it was Nescafe. :confused:

Anyway, though I like Great Taste White, I still put half a teaspoon of pure coffee and a little sugar to really enjoy it. :D

9. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've honestly never tries these 3-in-1 coffee mixes,I always just brew my own coffee, it's just how my parents did it and I picked it up.
    I might give it a try after seeing so much praise on this thread :)

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like Kopiko and 3 in 1 but my all time favorite is still the first one I ever had: General Foods International Coffees. But as of late its been showing up as Maxwell House International Brands. I really wish more people would keep this cute little square tinned coffee makers in business. With as much as I like Starbucks, those big apes are taking over and this great coffee mix which started in 1970 is going to be out of business if they're not careful. So if you have to try one first try French Vanilla - you'll find it in your supermarket. Happy sipping.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, I really like the Nescafe 3 in 1 coffee mixes. I'm definitely not a coffee snob and I think I prefer instant coffee to brewed coffee. These little packs are so convenient to have at work and much less expensive than buying pods. I'll throw a few in my desk and when I need that mid afternoon pick me up I've got it without the hassle of having to bring cream and sugar. I was just at the grocery store and picked up a Nescafe french vanilla one 3 in 1. It's not quite a Tim Horton's French Vanilla but it's works in a pinch.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    A few brands of coffee that I've tried are:
    • Nescafe. I like the original version though I haven't really tried the other variants. The original tastes just right, not too sweet, not too bitter. It's actually my preferred brand of coffee for everyday. It's also the brand that my husband and other relatives like.
    • Great Taste. I love the white coffee variant, it's very creamy and milky. I think it's a milder form of coffee because of the creaminess. I doubt that coffee lovers would love this since it might be too sweet and different for their taste. But for latte and white coffee lovers, I would recommend this one.
    • Kopiko. In my country, a new variant called the Kopiko 78°C was introduced. It can be bought from a bottle only though. I like its taste, it's more bitter than sweet.
    I hope this helps!

13. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    We have different preferences here at home that's why it's best for us to buy one single sachet of instant coffee each. My mom loves Kopiko. I like Nescafe's Berry Mocha and Creamy Latte. My aunt prefers the Nescafe original blend. We've always started our days with instant coffee. Nowadays it's my breakfast as it is. When I fell really tired in the morning, I'd rather not eat a heavy breakfast and just chug a cup of coffee and I'll be fine.

14. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of coffee. I drink rarely and to me it doesn't matter whether it us instant or home brewed.

I wouldn't mind tasting various kinds of coffee though.

15. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I haven't tried of all the brands you've mentioned is Vinacafe. How does it taste to you?
    For me, I prefer the Chekhup Ipoh King White Coffee most specially the strong one because of the burnt coco like flavor. It's taste so premium in my case but then it's not that cheap. I've found UCC great as well and I prefer their drip version. Here's a sample picture. The thing is, this one is not 3 in one but it doesn't hurt to add sugar and just some regular creamer.

[​IMG]

Also, I've been drinking White Koffie by Luwak. Don't get confused though, it may have the logo of a civet cat but it's not the civet coffee we mostly know. It's just an instant 3 in 1 coffee:

[​IMG]