30 minute dinners

Discussion in Food & Drink started by love2loveu • May 29, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    What are so good dinners that you can throw together in a short amount of time?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm thinking noodles, rice... or go for the easy, sandwiches or hotdogs (as my dad used to :p).

3. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    You'd be amazed at how much you can do with a simple omelette. A 30-minute dinner for me would usually be an omelette consisting of anything I can chop up and put in the thing. It can be so versatile, and so, so good. From chopped onions, garlic, bacon, cheese, ham, bell peppers, etc. Whatever you can think of!

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Spagetti is a good one for us but only if I use a jarred sauce can I do it in 30 minutes. Another good idea would be a pasta salad with leftover grilled chicken tossed with some leftover or frozen mixed veggies, herbs and some oilve oil.

5. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I like to throw together some box Mac and Cheese when I am in a hurry. Then my kids and I both have some great food to eat. However, I usually fix some veggies with the meal as well and sausage if it is unthawed.

6. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    Pork Cutlets, Instant Potatoes and a bag of steamable veggies..

Not to bad price wise as well!

7. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    Paninis are really good and very quick, especially if you have a George Foreman. Take some left over chicken, ham or turkey with lettuce, tomatoes and onion and add a little bit of mayo or mustard you have a easy and quick healthy sandwich. You can even cook up some vegetables or have veggies and dip along with the sandwich.

8. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have the time to cook all day every day. I have 8 kids and have to attend many practices and games. Dinner has to be quick. I take one day and make a bunch of meals and pop them in the freezer. I take out a meal thaw ,heat and eat.

9. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I used to make paninis on my Foreman with buttered Italian bread, salami, pepperoni, ham, lettuce & tomato, mozzarella or provolone cheese, and a dash of pepper! Yummy! Too bad I got rid of that grill.:mad:

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Wow, what great ideas on this thread, thank you! A favorite quick meal that is super nutritious, looks like it took forever and is beautiful to eat is a risotto...you can make it from scratch in under 30 mins, for real. You just need onion chopped up, some seasoning of your choice, uncooked rice and hot water.

You place the onion and seasoning in the pan with a little bit of oil. You then add some peas, or broccoli, or any other veg and stir fry it for about 2 minutes, then you add some dry rice...and then throw in the hot water (flavored with a stock cube), add some rice, add some water....the rice will swell up to absorb the flavored water (use a good stock). It usually takes about 15 minutes.

When that is done you stir in the cheese, whatever cheese you have there (just not processed cheese). Yum, and with prep and cooking - takes just under 30 minutes. Quite a pricey dish at restaurants, affordable and quick to be done at home.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Sandwiches will be the best choice for me. You can prepare one good full sandwich in just 10 minutes if you already have the patty prepared which in my case, I always have stocks on my ref. All I have to do is put it in a microwave for heating then I'm good to go.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my favorites is on the back of a campbell soup can of cream of mushrooms. It is chicken and rice covered with the soup and baked. It is very good, very quick.

A real family pleaser. Add a salad and dinner is served.

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Rice, eggs sunny side up and a simple avocado and tomatoe salad.
    Penne pasta, halved cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, chopped cilantro, capers and lemon juice.
    Digiornio frozen pizza and a salad.
    Grilled Cheese on ciabatta with campbells creamy tomatoe soup.

So Many options.....

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    A mixed grill or a stir fry can be put together in well under 30 minutes. Another option is a pasta meal with fresh or dried pasta. Make a sauce with chopped vegetables, garlic and tinned or freshly chopped or grated tomatoes and serve with a salad, cooked pasta and garlic bread. I make a pan of home made vegetable soup once a week, and once it's made, I freeze it into servings so we have a quick, easy and healthy meal when we want one. Home made soup is much more substantial than canned varieties, but if you're really hungry, you can always have a sandwich with it.

15. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Under thirty minutes would be fried rice with eggs. I add some mixed veggies, chicken or prawns with the rice. Oil in wok, fire/gas on high temp, and then, I throw in chopped onions, eggs, and then, rice and chicken/prawns. Then, add some soy sauce and other seasoning, and it's done!

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'll make an omelet out of anything. No left overs are safe, haha!

This is kind of the opposite direction, but I love using the slow cooker as well. I find that it has the same effect, because I can set it up early and then forget about it, go out and do whatever I need to do, and by the time I'm home and hungry it's already done, thereby almost eliminating actual cooking time.

17. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    With the lack of time that I have during the week, I would make a variety of dinners that would take less than 30 minutes (or at least in the 30-minute range).

- Shepherd's Pie

- Indian food, such as Korma, Vindaloo or Butter Chicken

- Spaghetti

- Any kind of gourmet sandwiches

- Pizza

- Portuguese stews

- Jambalaya can take you in less than 30 minutes, but the rice itself will usually make the dish take longer.

Hope this helps!

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a 30 minute ,4 ingredient recipe for Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken that is really popular on the social site Pinterest. I like it because it has only 4 ingredients but delivers on taste and looks good enough to serve to company.

19. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    We always try to prepare our meal in about 30 minutes or slightly more than that especially when we don't want to spend much time on food preparation. It takes 30 minutes for the rice cooker to cook the rice, so when the rice cooking is doing its job, I usually prepare the simple dishes which I can get ready in 30 minutes. Fried eggs, stir fried vegetables, steamed vegetables can be easily done in 30 minutes especially for those vegetables which are easy to prepare.

20. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I have a very busy schedule and need easy to prepare dinner. I normally stick to pork chops and peppers. The meal has amazing flavor and can be eaten with rice. It is also easy to prepare and can take 20 minutes only.