39dollarglasses.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Apr 12, 2016.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I just ordered a pair of replacement glasses from 39Dollarglasses.com. Long story short, a month after I used up my annual insurance allotment for frames and lenses, my rather pricey pair of glasses ended up in the side pocket of My Bag, next to a couple of nail files that I didn't know where in there. The lenses were completely scratched to smithereens (because, after wearing glasses for years I decided I didn't need to pay the extra $25 for scratch-resistant lenses this year -- go figure!).

Anyway, because I didn't have the money to get the lenses replaced at the eye doctor, I tried 39DollarGlasses.com. I just had to get a copy of my prescription which was no big deal. The site was easy to navigate and I even got a coupon, so they ended up being less than $39. I had my new glasses in less than 2 weeks (which is faster than the eye doctor!).

They also offer a service where you can send in your own frames and just get the lenses replaced. Now that I have a replacement pair, I'm going to try that next because I really like the frames on the pair that got all scratched up!

I recommend the site!

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. That sounds like a really good deal, even without the coupon. You made out well.

Now, if I could just find a site like this for contacts too...

I haven't had new glasses in a while. I would like to keep the ones I have, because they work and are comfortable. I can tell that the frame is starting to give, and I will have to replace them. Hmmm. I wonder if they do the opposite (put your lenses in a new frame instead of the other way around) for the same price.

I'm going to check this out. Thanks for sharing it.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will mention this too my roommate. The two of us both really need glasses, especially him as he has super glued his, frame welded and all kinds of things. I mean really! I just need a new prescription. I was thinking of glasses.com but the site you mentioned sounds good too. I need progressives though, and not sure how much they would be.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need both an eye exam and also replacement glasses. Unfortunately, it was the frames of my latest pair that got broken, so I'm wearing really old glasses right now. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can afford to get an updated exam and new pair of glasses.

I used to go to Sears for my exams and contacts, and they seemed to have good deals on the contacts. It was always Buy One Get One when I shopped there.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a prescription I need to have filled. Thanks for the headsup. I will be looking into this right away.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for this! I have heard of Zenni and other sites, but never tried this site before. I always wanted to try an online site, but get nervous that I will get my PD number wrong and my glasses won't work. Any tips?

7. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I was nervous about inputting all my information wrong, too. The site had a lot of helpful pages as far as measuring to make sure you get the right size glasses for your face, and I made sure to have the copy of my prescription directly from my eye doctor so I knew I was putting in the correct numbers. Also, the site has a feature where you can upload a picture of yourself so you can see how each pair of frames look on your own face.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing, this sounds like a fab site! Sometimes, as scary as it is is, you just have to take the leap of faith and see how you get on! I'm glad that this site worked out for you, after all :) I had a look and the site sure looks interesting. I wanted to check if they did some non-prescriptive shades. I lost my treasured Giorgio Armani shades last year and need to replace them, so fingers crossed the site ships worldwide :)

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen a review of this site and they are offerring good discounts for the year 2016 especially for women's glasses. And they are also offerring glasses geared towards the high end market so I suppose their glasses should be durable? I have often heard of the cliche that cheap is expensive. It is also interesting to learn that glasses have an insurance.