3d Laptops?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by eagle22 • Mar 25, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Alright guys, I am going to get a new laptop pretty soon and I am pretty sure I want to get the HP Envy. They have a "3d" version of this laptop which sounds kind of cool but I am not sure. Has anyone had experience with a 3d compatible laptop?

2. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I think that having a 3d capable screen on a laptop is pretty useless. This is due to the reason that laptops generally have a 15 inch screen and if you watch 3d content on these types of screen, you will not get the full experience of 3d. I would recommend you to go with a regular laptop with a Full HD screen.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No dude, its just a gimmick. They will charge you extra money for something that will interest you for 5 minutes. I mean, sure if you have the money then it couldn't hurt, I for one wanted to experience some 3D inmy living room once in a while, but the thing is, will you actually use it often? And also, 3D won't really work its charm on a tiny laptop screen and besides the'res not a whole bunch of applications you can use it on. My friend had one and he never used it, I mean we did tried watching a movie in 3D on it but after 10 minutes we just turned it off.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    3d technology just never really took off in the way that they wanted it to. I think that a lot of people just dont see it as a necessity and so it was not really pushed out from the manufacturers perspective. The other thing is that you wont be watching movies or just playing games on your laptop and so you have to get something that will pretty much suit all occasions. I would say that an hd laptop is definitely the way to go.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    3D laptops you say? This is the first time that I've actually heard of that, I wouldn't buy it though. It seems pretty useless to me. Why would we need a 3D laptop? Do they plan on creating 3D youtube channels or something? The world is already getting pretty lazy with technology, this will probably draw us towards it even more. I personally don't think that it is worth an investment.