3D Printer

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Oakster • Apr 1, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone bought a 3D printer?
    I always read about the crazy things people print with them but I've never looked too much into it.
    Is it easy to use? And is it very expensive?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know the exact price but I'd dare say they are still expensive. They constantly work at making them cheaper though, in fact, there is a project to build a 3D printer that can replicate itself: buy one printer and you'll have infinite printers if you so wish. I'm guessing owning one is really useful. From what I see you can easily print little household items like cups, plates, glasses (even GUNS) and this can prove a huge money saver. But at the same time I imagine a lot of industries will go down under once everyone gets a 3D printer.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own a 3D printer, but will definitely get one when they are a more easy purchase to make, they are still quite expensive.
    I know you can download blueprints online for more complicated items, so if there is a good open database set up, then you can do just about anything with it.
    Are we getting closer to the Food Machine from the Jetsons?

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Hehehe, that food machine was great, I wish we could get to that point in technology during our lifespan.
    Goodbye worrying about what's for dinner, just pick whatever you want when it's time and have it prepared instantly!