50 Shades Of Grey

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by kate23 • Feb 11, 2015.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't really thought of watching this movie. I haven't even read the book. My curiosity got me when I heard a lot about it, both in the movie and in the book. I've read a review of the movie and a lot of people say that it isn't that good. That it mainly banked on sex.

After all what's been said about the movie, I plan to watch it out of curiosity. At least all the questions that I have in mind will be answered.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have friends who love the book, but they are all women and friends who are writers who say that if she can write then there is hope for everyone. I don't intend to read the book or see the film because anything so hyped up tends to be disappointing and even my less literary friends say the writing is not the best and the author was just lucky.Sex sells, still!

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I will not be watching the movie, I am so against anything that portrays women as submissive and willing to be abused I would not be able to sit and watch this type of behavior and call it art. Women get abused and even killed ever day by men who think it is ok, that they own the woman in their life, it makes me angry, I work too hard for my money to spend it on this junk.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't know why there's all this hype around this movie. I agree with you, I have no interest of watching the movie in the theaters. In fact, I think even after it comes out online- I will not rush to see it. How else here thinks that it is just like the movie Temptations?

5. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Well I went because a lot of my friends where going, but I wasn't impressed really. It was okay in places but nowhere near as good as what it was hyped up to be. So I didn't like it. Now I have to admit I do however like the books. They are very interesting lol. Books are always better than the film for me though :).

6. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I find that the movie was a big hype for nothing. A good marketing tool for those who are so bored with their lives they waited for the movie to come out and be let down. I think sometimes a book should be left as a book and movies should be made like they used to be with imagination and good scripts

7. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Quite simply as others have said, sex sells - Its really that simple. The book isn't amazing and neither is the movie, I'm not saying its bad but its hugely over hyped. I can't help but feel its only due to the ridiculous amount of media coverage many more got into it and that is what most largely contributed to the success of it.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have no interest in seeing the movie in the theatre, I am going to wait until I can rent it. I do not think it is going to be that good of a movie and I do not have high expectations for it. I am not a fan of the actor roles, and it is hard to imagine how they are going to turn a 3 book series into an hour and a half long movie. I would not say that Christian Grey is an abuser, but it is the author's fantasy of what I woman wants in a dominate/submissive relationship. That is what the books are about, so I don't think we could call him an abuser, because the point is that he is supposed to be controlling.

9. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not seeing this movie either and I don't understand all the fuss about it. It's just a sexual fantasy movie, ok, so that's why there so much fuss about it, a sexual movie that people "can" see. I am not interested.