5G Internet

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Dola1991 • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Dola1991

Dola1991New Member

Threads:
    With all this talk about blazing 4G speeds, can you imagine how fast 5G internet will be? I can't even fathom how fast it will be, seriously. It probably could load web pages faster than the blink of an eye. Any thoughts?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I can only imagine how fast it would be, maybe large files can be downloaded in less than a minute. But according to this article,

it won't be going mainstream soon. And I think that's ok, because over here 4G and 3G are fast already for my standards, so I'm not in a hurry to experience the faster speed that 5G has to offer.

3. chrisfromwa

chrisfromwaNew Member

Threads:
    5G sounds great, but I doubt I'll ever see it. At least with Sprint, they can't even seem to get their 4G network working right. :(

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why even bring this up? All wireless service providers are still creating and upgrading their 4G networks. LTE is designed to have long-term upgrades to speed and infrastructure, so 5G won't come for years. It could even be five or more, or even 10 or more, years before 5G even starts being considered. 4G is here to stay for the long-term.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't even thought that far. If it was already available, it would probably take me at least a year to catch on to it. I am still in 3G mode as it is. I don't even know exactly what the big differences are with 4G apart from increased speed.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    South Korea already has some 5G coverage...

It's hard for the US because it's such a big country to cover I guess...
    I always read about people hating their cell phone provider, being cut off a lot, and it's weird for me because here in Portugal it's all good...
    Both with phone calls and the 4G network. And like South Korea, it's a pretty small country...

I hope you get 5G in here soon!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    5G would be great but for someone like me who hardly downloads anything these days, I don't think super-fast internet speeds would make my browsing experience any better. I'm fine with the current speeds but when the upgrades come, I'll still welcome them because then I could switch to watching only free movies on video sharing sites.

8. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    They still don't seem to gave 3G right. It's still better that nothing.

9. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I know, where I live, 3G coverage is still really patchy and slow. 4G isn't even talked about as it's really expensive and not widespread. So I am not really that looking forward to 5G as I know where I live, it's not even going to be an option for another so many years XD.