70% Off Make Up Sale Online.

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 14, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I've been looking for a good quality yet affordable make ups at the mall yet I can't find one. My sister told me to try to look online because there are huge sales most of the time depending on which brand. So I did what she told me, I look for make ups online (usually branded) like Mac, Maybelline, Max Factor and Revlon. Then there's this one post that caught my attention, it's a foundation cream (Revlon) with a free contour set and it's 70% off the original price. It sounds too good to be true and I really would like to grab it however I'm not so sure if I should because of what I've experienced with my past transaction with the same online store.

What are your thoughts? Should I but it or it's too good to be real?

2. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it would help to know a bit about the past transaction that has you questioning whether or not you want to do business with this company any longer. If you were scammed or cheated, I'd say no. If there was some discrepancy that can be remedied, I'd probably consider it. Was it bad customer service? What was the issue?

That does sound like a really good deal, but often if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Are you afraid that you won't actually get the deal that they are offering? If that's the case, I'd probably just take a pass. There are plenty of other stores online that offer great deals and have good business practices.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    As you already have an experience of dealing with this particular store, you're the best judge whether to believe in them or not!
    However, though 70% off looks a bit unrealistic, but at times online stores do offer such deals, especially when the stock of a particular item has to be emptied. But before buying, you need to make sure whether the product is within expiry since such deals are often offered when an item is about to expire.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    That is definitely something to consider. Many things go on sale as they are about to go out of date or are already out of date. That's good advice to always check before making a purchase.

When I see 70% I cringe. I'd love to get a deal like that, but I always check it out thoroughly. I've been to a sale that claimed such offers only to find that everything was marked up before they took the 70% off. In some cases, you might still get a deal, but sometimes, you'll be charged more than the original price. That is, if you fall for it.

I find it insulting. The store that I think of when I see this was going out of business, so I guess they figured they had nothing to lose.