8 Simple Auto Repairs that Save You Money

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by happyrocinante • Jul 11, 2012.

1. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I found this article that I found really insightful and thought I would share. The article doesn't list when these repairs should be made which would have been helpful but it does list some things you may not have thought of before. If anyone knows when you normally would replace these or maybe when you should check them let us know.

2. Mudd04

Mudd04New Member

Threads:
    I hope this doesn't go through twice, it disappeared a moment ago. If the oxygen sensor wasn't on there I was going to suggest it. It can save a lot of money in the long run to maintain your sensors. Many later models have two sensors and one usually lasts a little longer than the other. It is usually a good idea to check your oxygen sensors every 50,000 to 60,000 miles and the second usually lasts about 90,000 to 100,000 miles. When your check engine light starts coming on it's a good idea to check out the oxygen sensors. They are also a big reason that many people don't pass smog on the first go. There is a little more basic information about the oxygen sensors on this site.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice share and really good information!
    I know that regular oil changes are one area that most people do not do and really should. That alone can really extend the life of your engine.