A bag of air

Discussion in Food & Drink started by deathbyprayer • Aug 20, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    So just recently I bought some potato chips, needless to say it was Lays. So I opened the bag expecting to find some delicious salty potato chips and I was really disappointed. There were literally 10 pieces of chips there. Yes, I kid you not. I counted them on each bite and there are only 10 pieces of those salty chips and the rest was just air. I can't believe they allow this kind of atrocity to happen to their products, I understand that they need the air to keep the chips fresh but why the 70-30 ratio?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, that's why I buy the chips that come in cans like Pringles or Stax. Not only are they only $1.25, but the cans are completely filled with chips, not air, so you get your $1.25 worth.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    They chips settle apparently and that is the reason for all the air. I personally think they are cheating us which is why I like to buy Pringles. At least I'll get more than 10 chips and a few crumbs. It irritates me to no end when you open a bag and there is nothing in there. I think they should lower the price since we're getting half or less of what we are buying, but I doubt it'll ever happen.