A bonus to open up an ING Direct Electric Orange Checking account

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by S.O. Price • Jun 7, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hello,

Has anyone else seen the ads here and there on the internet for ING Direct giving out a $50 bonus to open up an Electric Orange checking account? I have and I decided to do it myself. $50 is more than I've earned in quite some time for some of my other bank accounts and the ING Direct account is FDIC insured so I figured, why not?

It was a fairly easy process to follow their steps on-line. They mail you a debit card and you are required to make at least 3 purchases with the card in a given set of time (I think it's 30 days) before you will receive your $50 bonus. There is no minimum balance required though, so I did not have to transfer in a lot of money from another checking account to get the ING account up and running.

Ing Direct is also running a special sometimes on

. They have some type of affiliation with them. In this case, one has to open a savings account with ING Direct and the bonus is only $25. There is a reference code that one must have in order to open up the savings account. I would suggest opening up the savings account first, although you can call and verify that with them.

Also, I've read that in the past ING Direct has offered some pretty good bonuses around Independence Day to open up new accounts with them, so it might be beneficial to keep your eyes peeled for some deals in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I myself did not read this until AFTER I had opened up my accounts so I will not be able to take advantage if they are running some specials. Oh well. Live and learn. Hope this helps someone.