A Bread Box

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cluckeyo • Sep 6, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    There are several ways to ensure the freshness of food. One thing I do, is to bring my bread home from the store and put it in a ceramic bread box. We are not big bread eaters and it keeps for a very long time in that box. A bread box is a very good to extend the life of a loaf of bread. It stays soft and delicious for a very long time.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I used a bread box for years but now I tend to just buy bread when I need it as I can get it pretty cheaply here. When I lived a long way from the nearest shop though, that was when I needed to use a bread box more. I found that it did last much longer in a bread box than it did if I left it out for sure. I should probably find my old bread box up and use it again rather than wasting money buying loaves because it went off though.

3. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I have always just freeze my bread to help it last, I like the idea of a bread box, I just have never had one, I might have to look into getting one.

4. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I babysat for a family that used a bread box. I thought it was strange because you can just put in in you refrigerator. My family eats the bread pretty quickly so I'm not worried about keeping my bread for a long time. If I got a bread box, it's to hide the bread so I can have some. I swear, I buy a loaf and by the next day, it's gone except maybe the end pieces.