A Day To Splurge On Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by May102014 • Aug 4, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Do you give yourself at least 1 day out of a week to splurge on food when you are trying to maintain a healthy diet? I do this from time to time but I make sure what I eat isn't too fattening that it defeats all the purpose of the workouts I've been doing throughout the week. My favorite foods to splurge on are fries and chips. I can't help it because I have a major weakness for both types of foods. What foods do you splurge on from time to time?

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I seem to splurge on food on the weekends. I have a weakness for salty snacks. Until recently, I was indulging mostly on cheddar cheese popcorn, but I just discovered a store that still carries the Pik-Nik shoestring potatoes. I had not seen these in years. Seeing the can took me back to my childhood and I just had to buy them. They are my new obsession.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I try to eat conservatively throughout the week and then allow myself to indulge on the weekends. During the week I stick to a pretty simple healthy diet that is heavy on lean proteins and fruits and vegetables. I tend to consume about 1100-1200 calories per day. On the weekends I will drink soda, wine and enjoy the carbs I rarely eat during the week. I like this approach because I never feel deprived but also am able to maintain my current weight with this diet.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually splurge on food when I'm not eating alone - like dinners with family or friends. Excepting those two instances I try to eat healthy to the best of my ability. So no fast food or microwave, just home cooked. But I sure miss all that junk food I used to have in my teenage years :p

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes I do give myself time to unwind and indulge occasionally and whenever I do, I usually go for bags of chips or french fries as well. These are my favorite junk foods and I honestly would eat them everyday if only they weren't so unhealthy. Aside from these, my favorite go to food is pizza because it's another dish that I tend to stay away from most of the time because it isn't very healthy.

6. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I would definitely say that I splurge on the weekends. That's when I drink my Coke (big weakness of mine)! We also tend to eat out at least one weekend night so of course, I will splurge then too. I agree with the previous posters: eating healthy and exercising during the week but splurging (within reason) on the weekends allows me to feel like I'm not totally restricting myself. I am a big believer in balance and moderation too so this method works out great for me.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Coke is a huge weakness of mine too! I try to cut back but, as silly as it sounds, whenever I wanna relax and treat myself I reach for a can of Coke. To balance out my love of soda I will skip dessert or snacks throughout the day so the calories from the soda don't ruin my diet.

8. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Haha! I am the same way! I had one the other day after a stressful afternoon. My husband (jokingly) pointed out, "aren't you trying to cut back?" I replied, "Yes, but sometimes I just need a Coke!" :) I haven't had one today though and don't plan to until this weekend so that's good!

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am fortunate that I have never had issues with my weight. I have always been slim and have kept that way due to being very active, and sticking to a healthy diet. I have been a vegetarian for almost 20 years now. I don't overeat and rarely suffer from digestive issues as I divide my food in to 4 or five small meals a day.

10. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I recently read an article in a health magazine that interviewed Cameron Diaz. She says that out of ten food choices a day, start off by trying to make five good choices a day, when you get to that, try for six the next day. Seems like a reasonable way to integrate healthy choices!