A gaming controller for your phones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Aug 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge gamer and in obvious terms, I do play games on my phone. However, I find it hard to enjoy my games because of the fact that, well some games aren't really meant to be played using only your fingers. I play a lot of emulated games and also some games that are made specifically for the mobile but is really hard to play. Do you know a sort of mobile gaming controller available out there?

2. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine has

, he says he enjoys it, but I don't use one myself. In my opinion mobile games should be optimized to be controlled with fingers only, so a controller doesn't make too much sense for me. I also mostly play on my Nexus 7, so the screen is usually big enough to be able to control the game with ease.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Your could try looking into the. Moga controllers which I think is one of the most popular brands nowadays. I think Logitech probably also has some and they are a good brand as well so it may be worth considering. I've never tried either of these though and I'm only going by what I've glanced over in reviews I've come across over the years.

4. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    If your gaming tablet is of a certain size, a good choice might be a bluetooth gamepad.

This type of control features an extra convenience over the Moga-type: you can sync with multiple devices of any kind. Also, if your device has HDMI output, you can play as if it were a regular console (Without the additional bulk for holding the tablet).

Well, it totally depends on your tablet's size. For smaller ones, the Moga is fine.

Check out the Nyko bluetooth PlayPad:

[video=youtube;9jCFdNi2njE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jCFdNi2njE[/video]

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've thought about using a gaming controller on my mobile device before because it's so hard to use touch screen controls on some games (like versus games). However, I didn't push through with getting one though because using a gaming controller on a mobile device would be very inconvenient when travellng. It defeats the purpose of a mobile device being portable. Besides, I have my come console and my laptop to play with whenever I want a dose of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I've been having the same thoughts as well. The games I play on my tablet could really benefit from using a a controller. However, I also feel that using a controller for mobile games look a bit silly. Not to mention not worth the investment since not much time is spent gaming on mobile devices. I wonder if console and PC controllers can be synced with Android devices to play.