A Good Alternative To Iphone Stock Music App?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Nickchick • May 1, 2015.

1. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get annoyed because when I shuffle my music it will reset after a while randomly. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but when you have OCD tendencies it is. I've googled for alternatives and so far the ones I've found are not good. Obviously I need one where the shuffle will not stop on its own and will not need internet to run but beyond that I need to make sure it only plays the songs on my phone because I tried Stringer for example but it showed the songs that were not on this phone and some songs on my phone weren't on it (I guess because they weren't saved to iTunes?). I'm currently going to try Groove. Will the shuffle stay where it was on this or are they any better apps?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, shuffle is always going to re-shuffle songs after the final song is played, and the fact is that you need to make sure that you've got Repeat All enabled for any music player. There aren't a ton of great music apps for smartphones as far as I'm concerned, though Google Play Music isn't half bad if you're in the Android ecosystem.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I believe that the stock music app on iPhones is the best. I have tried Android stock and other kinds of apps, but they are just not that good. Just like what the previous poster said, make sure that repeat all and shuffle all are selected. You can also try Spotify though that requires subscription and downloading music from them.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The thing I'm trying to get at is it does not even get close to the final song before it stops. So many times I will listen to a few songs. I'll stop listening for a while then when I come back to it I have to re-shuffle.
    I am told though that it's because 5 has a glitch but another person told me glitches can happen with the 6 too.
    So there isn't any alternative apps for Iphone that would be good for this purpose then? I have a tablet but that would be too much to carry around just to listen to my music. Also I'd have to transfer all my music to it.