a good mortgage rate at ING Direct

Discussion in Mortgage & House Payments started by S.O. Price • Jun 19, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I recently opened up checking and savings accounts at ING Direct. I noticed they have a 2.625% mortgage rate. That sounds pretty good to me so I thought I would pass that along. I would suggest doing research about ING before making any commitments. I will say that I've been happy with my checking and savings with them so far. They have a .8% interest rate on their savings account, which isn't bad as compared to other savings rates.

So do your research and see what you think if you're in the market for a mortgage loan....

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have a savings account with them as well. I was going to close it once I realized how far the interest rate had dropped from when I first opened it, but I haven't because it's still the best interest rate compared to other banks.

3. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    The rate is solid but what are the fees? Does that include purchasing of points?

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder how much of a down payment is required to get that rate. I also wonder what credit scored needed to qualify. Seems so good, but I am sure there are some strings attached....

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a great rate, but the devil could be in the details. They are not going to put themselves in a bind and lose momey by not being competitive. The savings rate is much better than 0.2% offered ny others. Thanks for the information. Well worth knowing.