A Good Solution For Head Lice

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by littlewitch66 • Jun 9, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My granddaughter has been plagued with nits on and off all through her school years. Nothing I tried every worked until I read on a beauty blog that rinsing the hair with household vinegar gets rid of the eggs. As I had tried everything else without success I thought it was worth a try and bingo it worked!

Head lice have become immune to the products in chemist shops which are extremely expensive and I resented paying these prices for something that didn't work. Now I shampoo her hair as normal, massage in Neat vinegar and then rinse off. It gives the hair a lovely shine too.

I should mention that it doesn't get rid of live lice, just the eggs so these need to be combed out with a nit comb but as the eggs are being killed it doesn't take long to get rid of the lot. I hope it will work for someone.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with vinegar but it’s the brown vinegar and not the white. That brown vinegar is also good for eradicating bedbugs which we are currently doing. We found a nest of bedbugs in our sofa in the living room and maybe it has spread to other furniture so we are cleaning everything every day. Head lice are not really killed by vinegar, they are just driven away by the scent of vinegar. That’s why the recommendation is to shampoo your hair after applying the vinegar so the remaining head lice will go with the water.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Yes I do use brown vinegar and I notice that afterwards the eggs seem to detach themselves from the hair as they comb out very easily. Otherwise they stick like glue but I always thought it was the acidity in the vinegar which killed them and not the smell as it doesn't deter the live lice. It's just easy to comb them out. Anyway whatever the reason it's the only thing that has ever worked for us.

#3Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017