A good way to detox the body?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hawynstud • May 27, 2012.

1. hawynstud

hawynstudNew Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone,

I recently had an infection and was prescribed an antibiotic that had a side effect which weakened your ligaments and tendons. I have read in other forums about this drug and the horror stories are scary. There are a lot of people who have had knee and ankle injuries, and some have been injured to the point of disability. So, now that I am off the antibiotic I was wondering if I could detox and get any of the lingering drug out of my system. Some of the stories I read said that some people got injured months after taking the drug so it has me kind of scared. I play a lot of basketball and football and would go crazy if I couldn't play for an extended amount of time. Any ideas of suggestions are appreciated.

Also, if you could suggest something I could take to strengthen those ligaments and tendons to avoid injury all together.

2. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Its best to get a recommendation from a doctor but I know the best way naturally is to just drink water. Water cleans out the body in a great way so you can always try that method but again make sure you speak to your doctor directly.

3. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    A three day fruit flush is pretty easy. You can google it to get the exact details. I did one and lost 7 pounds in 3 days. I know it was all water weight but I felt really god and had plenty of energy. I had a protein shake every morning for breakfast, fruit every hour or 2 (as much as I could eat), 2 boiled eggs for lunch (for protein), and fruit every hour or 2 until dinner. For dinner I ate a large leafy salad with no dressing, just lemon juice and flax oil.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Two things you might want to look up on google:
    1) For the first part of your query, check out "colon hydrotherapy"
    2) For the second part of your post, check out "proprioceptive training". It helps reduce injuries. As for supplements to strengthen ligaments, there are mixed reviews for glucosamine, collagen and cissus-rx, all of which, I believe, are more for joints rather than for tendons and ligaments.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I am absolutely agree with this advice. All medical professionals, refer to the consumption of water as one of the most fast and easy to "cleanse" the body. Of course it must be a balanced intake of fluid. Otherwise, this can bring contraindications. Surely there are more elaborate options, but that's a good start. :)

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Look up information on the water cure. It combines water and unrefined sea salt as one of the greatest ways to detox the body. Water flushes toxins out, but it also flushes the vitamins and minerals we need. The sea salt helps to add the minerals back to our bodies.

7. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard great things about the benefits of Cerasee Tea

Thanks to herbs anyone can make a lot of varieties of teas apart from the actual tea. One such tea is the tea of cerasee which already is being utilized by many individuals. These varieties of teas are referred to as herbal teas and they can benefit a person medicinally.
    The tea of cerasee is very bitter and therefore hard to swallow, but many individuals take delight in consuming this tea because it purifies the blood and in that process keeps the skin clean and spotless. Cerasee is classed as one of the bitter herbs.

The tea is also used as cerasee bath which is good for all joint ailments.

This tea which is made from the vine is good for diabetes, worms, high blood pressure, dysentery as well as malaria. in some cases it is also effective for low blood pressure. Children can also drink this tea which will relieve colds and fevers as well as constipation.

In various country it is used to treat liver complaints and colitis. It is quite difficult for some people to get a hold of the cerasee plants, however, it is quite easy now to acquire the tea of cerasee because it is now sold in supermarkets in the form of tea bags.

Also called Jamaica cerasee tea is one of the best herbal tea that anyone can consume. Testimonies could be uttered by the people of Jamaica, Brazil, Curacao, Aruba, Philippines and Cuba. Many people have felt rejuvenated, healthy and pure due to the consumption of the tea of cerasee.

The vine is grown all over Jamaica and is used by the majority of the people who can testify of all the ailments that this tea can cure.

I found 24 bags on amazon for under 3.00.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    One way to detox our body is eating fresh fruits and vegetables and couple that with green tea. Another way is through sauna which is having a rise in popularity lately. I have tried sauna just the other month and it really feels great to the body. Never had a chance to repeat it though.

9. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Drinking lot of water is the foremost thing that you must do. Along with it eating lot of fibrous fruit also helps. Proper breathing exercise is also must. I would recommend you to join yoga. Stay away form stress. These are few things that can help you detox.

10. mtgirl

mtgirlNew Member

Threads:
    I have always read that the premise that a "cleanse" or "detox" will rid your body of toxins is not true. The human body is an amazing machine and is made to rid itself of toxins. That's the job of organs like the liver. If you eat clean, exercise and drink plenty of water, you should feel better. So, don't fall victim to special detox diets that require you to buy all kinds of supplements and drink special juices. I agree with most of the other posts that recommend lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein.

11. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    A good way to detox the body is to drink some green tea. Green tea is good for you and it also serves as a detoxing agent for the body. I learned this from my cousin who is an RN. I used to eat anything I wanted, and then my body started to slow down. Once I started to drink green tea and exercising the toxins in my body started to leave my system and I began to feel better and gain more energy. Try that method and see if it works.

12. Mechonick

MechonickNew Member

Threads:
    Drink plenty of water, you should drink half your body weight in ounce pure water. That's too much for me even though I'm not very overweight, but I still try to drink as much as we can. Aloe vera juice is quite effective. I've also read that a good was to detox your body is drink a glass of lemon juice mixed with water (I'm not sure in which proportion) and drink every day before breakfast.

#12Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  13. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I've drank detox teas. However, I am sure water helps more than anything since it's thee universal solvent. The teas are soothing but I never notice anything else.

14. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. I've done detox teas but I am not sure they are effective.

15. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that another good thing to help detox your body is to take 2-3 spoonfuls of virgin coconut oil. It is a great cleanser, and healer of the body, and will help pull the toxins out for you.
    Drinking the purified water is an excellent plan also, and if you add lemon to it, that will help balance the ph of your body.

16. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I would say a great way to detox the body is by taking plenty of water that is not less than 8 glasses a day. The other way however which always works miracles for me is by using or including either turmeric or garlic in my diet. You can chew a clove of garlic or you can use it as a spice in you food. You can read more on garlic and it's health benefits

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a good and VERY cheap way to detox the body is simply to not eat or drink anything, fast. You could fast for 24-hours or even a few days, it's up to you.

You could also drink lemon water during the fast as lemon juice has a detoxifying effect. Of course, you need to try to minimise the toxins you consume after that...

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite way to detox my body would hVe t be eating fruits and only drinking water for one full wheel. This is something that made me feel brand new and like my stomach has just rebuilt itself. It can be difficult at first but over time the body just starts to feel like everything gets back on track again. I try to detox at least once every month and now this is a habit that's part of my lifestyle.

19. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    A detox with plain water is the best. But fresh fruit always works well too. Have you ever tried juicing. I guess you can google it and find out the specifics. I have tried detoxing with just plain water for 24hrs. I felt refreshed. Also, there is something I saw on the internet by the name of 'coffee enema.' Yeah I know it sounds gross but I have heard all good things about it.

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Try to drink lots of water, that will help to detoxify your body. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables are also another way. I read that some people try to make mixed vegetables and fruit juice. Drinking that is a good way to detoxify the body.