A Good Way To Save On Fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasha • Jan 27, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here. I used to venture out to some of those after Thanksgiving sales, but I don't any more. It seems that Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving Thursday, these days. After all that prep, and shopping, and cleaning, and cooking, there is no way I want to go out shopping. Besides, I'll be full of turkey. :)

I do love the post holiday sales though. I've saved a bundle with them. I prefer cyber Monday over Black Friday now though. I'm just not up for fending off the crowds any more.

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to give gift cards at Christmas for this very reason. I feel like the recipient of the gift card can get more bang for their buck if they go Boxing Day shopping. The sales after Christmas are so good that I know you can get great deals on the same things you would have purchased two days earlier. But now you are only paying 40% of the original cost. The only difference is you don't wrap the gift and put it under the tree. I do this for our teenage relatives and they love it.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, I always notice that the prices usually drop around Jan. so it is really worth the wait to just shop next year, so you get to save even more money. Plus the crowds are not that many during that season.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do this all the time, primarily at Dillard's. I wait until they mark all the end of season clothing down to next to nothing, then snatch up as much of it as I can. One advantage I have right now, is that my current sizes aren't very popular, so they are usually the ones still available on the racks, when all the larges and extra larges are bought out.

It kills me to pay full price for any of that stuff, when I know in like 2 more months I can get several shirts for the price I would pay for just one. Sometimes I will even buy a few items a size up or below what I currently wear. Even if they don't fit me now, you never know if you might gain or lose some weight in the meantime, and be stuck with nothing to wear when the weather changes unexpectedly. Since the clothing is already dirt cheap, I don't mind picking up these extra sizes as well.

I wish they offered similar clearance savings online because I would probably shop there even more - even with whatever shipping it is they charge, I would still be getting a major bargain.