A Great For You!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by LilAnn • Jun 5, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Do you know those 4$ bottles of Starbucks frappucinos? I'm addicted. But the addiction can turn into a really expensive habit. So I found a recipe, and tweaked it just right. I will now present to you the recipe for chocolate and vanilla frappuccinos!

Chocolate: In a blender, combine 1 cup double strong coffee-(cold), 1 cup milk, 2 cups crushed ice, 3 tbls sugar, 4 tbl chocolate syrup ( amount varies depending in individual tastes)
    Blend on 'frapp' setting, (2nd from fastest), for about 45 seconds, and its ready for you to drink it.

Vanilla: in a blender, combine 1 cup double strong coffee- cold, 1 cup milk, 1 cup vanilla ice cream, 3 tbl of sugar, 2 cups crushed ice. Blend for ~45 seconds, and drink it.
    Believe me, it saves you ALOT of money! And it really does taste just as good as starbucks

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It certainly sounds about right - the above ingredients are all that the store-bought drink contains so it makes perfect sense to make your own at home. You would need the correct quipment though - I wouldn't be able to do this at home as I don't even have a coffee maker right now and I'm pretty sure that cafetiere coffee wouldn't quite cut it.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this recipe to us here. I am not actually a huge fan of frappucinos but I would give it a shot. I think it is time for our blender to be put to good use. :)

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. And I could not agree more with you: Starbucks' frap is really delicious and addicting (mocha frap especially) but can also take a toll on one's pocket after constant unregulated buying. The recipe looks so simplistic even my nephews and nieces can whip it up in no time. I am thinking of making homemade fraps for the sake of my stingy parents who seem to have an aversion to Starbucks because of their price range.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've never gone to a Starbucks, ever, because I have that same aversion. I can't get enough of the starbucks frappucinos you get at the gas station. My husband only allows me to get a 4pack now and again. And, of course my favorite saying, necessity is the mother of all invention. I was so happy when I tied it and it worked! I felt just like the Internet Indiana Jones.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to buy a blender, but I thought I wouldn't really have much use for it. Now that I have stumbled upon your thread, then I just might push through with my plan just to check out the recipe. Starbucks is quite expensive, just add a bit more to that $4 and you can already buy a bigger tub of ice cream!

7. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Aaaaaaaah LilAnn you rock!!!
    We should be best-online-friends for real! LMAO!
    My boyfriend and dad give me so much crap over my daily starbucks frap. I sometimes buy them in the four packs but it still doesn't save much! LOL.
    Have you tried the new Smores flavor? YUM! It and the Caramelly Intense are my favorites besides Vanilla.
    Gotta figure out how we can infuse those flavors in the recipe. LOL

8. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of the caramelly intense. I love caramel, though. The s'mores definitely tasted like s'mores! That graham cracker taste threw me off for a minute lol. I think the mocha is currently my favorite, though.

9. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    The first time I got one of the S'mores flavored ones I was a little thrown off as well, almost thought that I tasted cardboard instead of graham cracker but I had also just put out a cigarette and my smoking sometimes throws off my taste buds. The next sip didn't taste that cardboard taste at all. It's definitely a very unique flavor though!
    The caramelly intense one is sooo delicious! It's got that dulce de leche taste that makes the coffee taste sweeter and smoother.