A healthy home means a healthy you!

Discussion in Home & Garden started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 12, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    How many of us clean our homes every weekend? :) well, for those who do, I know that health is not an issue for you, and that your house is as a clean as you are :) for those who don't clean their homes every weekend-I know that you too are healthy, but...you could be healthier :)
    A clean surrounding, that is, one which is free from dust, dirt,toxic odor and any other pollutants are harmful to you, did you know that even a slight change in how clean your environment is can and will affect you- and continue to affect you until the environment has changed it's cleanliness status.
    For this reason, it is always good to clean your home regularly, please share your tips that you use to care for your home and yourself. Thanks guys!

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My mom and I make sure that we clean our house every weekend. My nephews have asthma, so keeping the house clean is very important to us. :) Then, we do general cleaning every 15th of the month. :)

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely something to keep in mind...we clean daily in our house. At least once a week we'll end up deep cleaning and focusing more on sanitizing, but it seems to make the task easier if it's just something you decide to work on every single day. Part of this is for health concern reasons, but part is just that it's a part of our routine now.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's easy for me to clean up my "living quarters" because:

I live alone. Only two rooms in the house are used by me. The others remain locked up until around Christmas time when family members who want to spend time in the country come to spend the holidays with me. So cleaning two rooms each day never is much of a problem.

p.s One tip. Do the cleaning when you feel exhausted. It will give you some exercise and "re-animate" you.

#4Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I am what you call a neat freak. I am overly concerned with my kids health and their safely. When it comes to germs, I try and do my best to keep our home as clean as possible. I clean my home from top to bottom about 2 times a week and clean the bathroom daily. I am a stay at home mom so this is my job along with my kiddos. I use Lysol cleaner and spray throughout and I use bleach in all of the toilets and the sinks.

The thing that is most important to me is the kids getting home fro school. I make sure they wash their hands immediately to stop the spread of germs from school to home. :)

I think just being sensible with cleanliness is your best bet in keeping your family and home healthy and clean !!

Danyel :)

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We have a cleaning schedule and we stick to it every week on a designated day. The basics are as follows: sweeping/vacuuming, dusting, mopping, bathroom sanitizing, food preparation, laundry, changing bed linens, and cleaning out the refrigerator. When you do your weekly house cleaning you feel in control over something in your life. It seems like you can let it go a day but then you just feel behind. It is much better to stay on schedule. I try to add in my ironing but at times this is something that is overflowed into another evening due to time constraint.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely clean my room, and I don't really notice any adverse effect on my body, lol. But I guess it's general knowledge that cleanliness is better than dirty surroundings, and a clean surrounding is more pleasing to the eye too. But I read that too much cleaning is also bad, so cleaning should also be done in moderation.

8. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Wow! That's so great that you and your mom are really focussed when it comes on to gettineg "this cleaning thing" done, and done the right way! I'm sorry that you have an asthma sufferer at home, but perhaps that's the same amount of care that we all need to apply when it comes to getting our house clean.
    Now, I'm not saying that it has to be that we each have someone who is suffering from the asthma condition, for us to actually do our part by cleaning our homes regularly, but we should apply that ethic that tells us that we should clean as though we had someone with a respiratory or allergic condition living within our abode.
    This would help to drive us toward practicing the right cleaning habits, and prevent us from developing such illnesses ourselves. Cleaning can also improve our mood and our physical condition, as we will be getting a workout while we accomplish something this great. Why not get into it? It'll benefit us and those around us, help to make our homes look much better, and make us feel better!

9. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Definitely have to agree with you on that one. It's simply amazing how "going against the grain" and engaging in an activity that would appear to actually contradict our "best interests" at the time, will actually benefit us in the longer run!
    It's just interesting how that works; of course, this is not the case with "every activity" that "goes against the grain", for there are those activities that we should just never do, and I'd list them, but that would take me a considerable amount of time.
    But, I'd definitely say that cleaning is just like that, although I, personally, have never really applied that manner of thinking: I usually wait until I have enough energy to actually undertake this particular activity, as I had always thought that that was the only time that I'd be able to fully do all the chores that needed to be done at that time. However, I'd find myself taking on perhaps "more than I could chew" at that moment, and then become a little frustrated, because I wouldn't be able to accomplish the vast list of things that I had put forward for myself to do!
    So, from now on, I'm really gonna start aiming to do the bulk of the cleaning projects I have, when my energy is not quite what it should be, because it would really be great if I could motivate myself "at my lowest", so I'd be "high" all the time! Lol.
    Thanks for the tip! Great advice!

10. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    I like it! I really don't think that you can be "overly concerned" with your kids' health and well being! Your job as homemaker is downright honorable, and there's no one to contest that, because I'm sure that everyone who benefited from having a mom who was their homemaker, would be able to list the inexchangeable advantages they gained from their childhood experience. No one can substitute "a mother's touch", the care, the cleanliness, the good habits, and the good food that a blessed mother can provide!
    We should really be "smart" about our cleaning habits, and follow your pattern of engaging in cleaning of the home, as often as is possible! We shouldn't really let a whole week go by without us even cleaning up "the basics": the dusty areas here and there, the toilet bowl and bathroom area, the kitchen sink, and the living room floor.
    The difference could be our health, or the health of our very loved ones! We really don't want to sacrifice the strength of their health, at any time at all.
    If we could be the difference by our ability to keep them and their surroundings clean at all times, then wouldn't it be worth the effort?! I certainly think so, and I think that everyone should copy your model down to a "tee".
    Continue to do what it is that you are doing, for I am absolutely sure that your family members (even if they don't say it to your directly most of the times), are eternally grateful for what you've been able to do for them, and will, one day, return the favor in some way.
    Good job! Much respect to you!

11. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Wow! Your model is actually quite helpful! I like this pattern very much, and I have to agree! Cleaning consistently really does allow you to feel a boost of confidence, and makes you feel as though you are truly "in charge" and "in control of what's going on". It's a remarkable shot of independence and organization, and really does give us all an insight into how well-structured we can be, and how we can accomplish even the tasks that we don't necessarily feel an "intense drive" to do most of the times.
    I think also, that it's great to schedule your cleaning and other tasks, and to get the entire family involved. It's one thing to "do it all yourself" because you actually do enjoy cleaning, or because no one else is really that willing to "step up to the plate" and get involved in this way by contributing to finishing the tasks that will benefit them; or it may even be a combination of both.
    Whatever may be the case, it's a task for everyone, and I think it's time that we started acting like it! All the best to you! Keep up what you're doing!
    Many thanks for your excellent contribution!

12. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Health is more important than anything else in life, because a sick human is one we will not be able to think well, move around, work, nor help other people. Money cannot buy health - neither can it buy everything - and when sick, should primary be sought for in order to cure one's sickness. A healthy home, is the result of healthy humans who live in such a home.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, of course, definitely a healthy home means a healthy you. Because a home is a representation of what you are and how you are living you're life. It's like the extension of yourself. By that it means that if you are able to take care of your home well, if you are able to maintain its cleanliness and if you are and its security, then you are also able to do it to yourself. What you do to your home represents of what you do to yourself. It show you competence.