A "let-me-find-it-for-you" Business

Discussion in Misc & Others started by maxen57 • May 10, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of going into a business where folks from the rest of the globe can request a certain item native here in the Philippines then I can canvas it for them, and figure out the shipping cost if the person is interested in importing that certain item. I don't know if there's already a business like that but I would certainly like to try. There might be tools, craft materials, raw materials and native products that people in the states or any part of the world would like to buy from here but cannot fly to the country to look them up. I'm sure that would also be of great help to local suppliers. Of course, I'll need to put up my own blog or website for showcasing items. I just need to know if it's likely to be a success.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would encourage to run with this idea. This is something that would seem to have a great potential for success. This would be very useful for many persons because it would save them time and money. Some of the important steps are to ensure that your site is extremely user-friendly so that subscribers won't have to feel like they are stumbling in the dark to arrive at here they would wish to and I recommend that you have a reputable payment option site like PayPal linked to your page.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think your idea is gonna be a success, but how do you intend to attract clients? I would also suggest that you create a Facebook page too to get more clients and exposure.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'll have to start with telling people about your business. They'll need the assurance that you aren't a scammer so what you must do first is prove that you are not someone who is out to steal their money. Create a blog, post relevant content on that blog, build a community, earn their trust then sell them your service. It's a two-pronged approach. At the very least time spent building your blog won't be wasted. You can monetize it.

5. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:

I'm actually thinking of including a vlog through my YouTube channel that I can add to the website that I'm currently building just so people would also have an idea where I'm getting these items from. They will have the chance to see the local artisans and merchants and the markets or shops where the items I think they would want were being made. I plan on starting with the local markets first before expanding to further locations since travel would cost money.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good idea, also try advertising your service on olx.ph, I know that site also allows people to promote their services once your business picks up.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds like a good idea, but at first you need to find out if there is a demand for it. I would think alot of fillipino Americans would be interested in the service. I would do a trial something at first, to see how much a demand is out there, and if you start selling...let your regular customers know that the website is going to be expand. Corzhens who is on here, and has a background in business and banking might be able to help get your started.