A little overwhelmed with all the coupon sites

Discussion in Coupons started by jleadbet • Feb 16, 2013.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    How do you keep all your deals in order? I started using some couponing apps recently. Ibotta and Endorse are two I use, but the deals have varying requirements and expiration dates. There's also deals you can load on your store card and Saving Star. I just find it hard to keep it organized. Anyone have tips?

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not overwhelming by the coupon websites because I only search for a coupon when I am buying something. I will search for the item, compare the prices at multiple outlets and then check if there are any coupon codes at the various stores.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only deal with printable or paper coupons and I clean out my coupon organizer once a week to get rid of expired coupons. There's a section I have in the front of my organizer for coupons that are about to expire in a week or less so that I can remember that they're expiring soon and make a decision about whether I want those items, or whether I want to leave those coupons at the supermarket for someone else to pick up and use.

If I'm trying to earn more Swagbucks for a reward, I print my grocery coupons on the Swagbucks site. If I'm planning to shop at Walmart ,I print my grocery coupons on the Walmart website and sign up for some free samples while I'm there. If I'm trying to cash out a reward on Inboxdollars, I print my grocery coupons on Inboxdollars' website. Otherwise I just print them off from DontPayFull.com or the manufacturer's websites.

4. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I stick with my two coupon sites. They also have online shopping codes. It gets updated often. Try out these,

&

. I would book mark them and go to them each time you plan. It can get over whelming going to a bunch of sites but these two are the best in offering manufactured coupons. You can even set your zip code in and also track savings.

5. Parattiver

ParattiverNew Member

Threads:
    I also read many recommendations on organizing your coupons. Search for coupon organization tips.

6. glamnix

glamnixNew Member

Threads:
    I'm using spreadsheet to organize all my deals. So I only went to stores where my stuff is on sale or double coupons. Taking down notes on coupons where about makes your life much easier.

7. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, coupons are big help nowadays, it can really save.

8. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK we do not get even a 1000th of the deals that you guys get in the US. I have watched Extreme Couponing open mouthed on more than one occasion, and while I realise that some of it is hammed up for the cameras, the deals that can be had are mind-blowing. In the UK we are lucky to get a 20p coupon for a tin of soup, and then in the small print it generally says that only one coupon can be used per customer per transaction. It's really not great. :(

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The only site I use on a regular basis (Megabus) doesn't have coupons so I don't look at them very often. But then again their prices start from $1!

I do use them when I look to buy things on Amazon but not very often because I don't spend a lot on Amazon.

10. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    I realize this post is a little old, but I'm curious about the coupon organizer. I usually just go with an envelope but that can get confusing real quick and easy to miss some coupons. What kind of organizer do you use and what kind of system do you have?

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Some people use a binder system.
    I myself organize my coupons by week. I have a big accordian folder, and every week I put that week's coupons in there. By week. I do not cut them, and that way when I search online and I find a coupon is in a certain week's pack, I just go to it.
    I also have a plastic bin where I keep loose coupons. I participate in a few coupons trains and trades so I do have them. I used to do a binder but it was too much upkeep, in my opinion.

12. mermaid051029

mermaid051029New Member

Threads:
    My habit is to shop online when I need something indeed, and would enjoy some discount.
    Then, will check the price between, and see whether any special offers, so to finally make a decision.
    But also I am a loyal customer for some online stores, like Alibaba, made-in-china, and the new recommended store by my friend named "BudgetGadgets".
    So i am not overwhelmed indeed, but enjoy my coupon following experience:)

13. SteeelWoool

SteeelWooolMember

Threads:
    Wow, you guys are pretty extreme. I usually do all my couponing online, and print them out when I want to use them. I've found that there's always a coupon somewhere that you can use.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't even found sites for coupons to keep oraganized lol

15. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I use the binder system myself. It's a little bit tedious but works out better in the end, but I don't drag my binder with me everywhere that I go. I have a smaller coupon organizer that fits in my purse, and I plan out my shopping trip and bring along the coupons that I need in my organizer. As for keeping up with apps and stuff, I agree it's confusing. I think practice makes perfect, though, and writing down (or typing out, but for some reason, I prefer writing down) what deals you are going to do can help.

16. nailnice

nailniceMember

Threads:
    I will make a category for these coupons as makeup, cloth, shoes or something else. every category include some sites on coupons.
    there's no one site that can give us a reasonable discount. if you collect enough info in daily life, you will have a regular judgement. next time, when you need something, you know where to find a prefect coupon and use them.

17. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I am always on the prowl for coupons, and I'm always looking at deal websites. Then, I know in my head where to look if I am trying to get a deal on something.

18. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    You are doing all the things I procrastinate about doing :eek: They only thing I would add is checking out the Krazy Couponing Lady. I try to limit the amount of sources. I tend to clip from the newspaper to save on ink. I also use ecoupons with Kroger and Publix.