A Little Tip For Coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by Isabellas2007 • Apr 25, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Some people know about this already, but others do not. If you contact the specific company for the product you can normally get coupons sent out to you on a fairly regular basis. For example, I contacted P&G a few years ago and ended up getting some of the coupons sent out to me. They kept sending me a coupon booklet about once every three to four months. You can do the same thing for baby formula, my youngest is six and I am still getting baby formula coupons!

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Oh wow this is great information especially for those of use nickle and diming every purchase. I will surely take advantage of this considering I have a young one on the way. Does this work for food distributors too like for example Philadelphia, McArthur etc?:confused:

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I knew that sometimes stores will send you coupons directly in the mail if you ask for them (I still get emailed coupons for Pathmark even though it's been literally years since I've shopped there) but I didn't know you could get coupons directly from the product companies... I wonder if you can combine store coupons with manufacturers coupons to get a double discount? That's something worth looking into.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have experienced some of the food companies doing this. I know the baby formula companies definitely do this and it will really help you out with the little one! Also check out the diaper specials and I know some people have had their friends sign up as well. Then you can get ten times the coupons for your child with just your own signing up! Pet companies are really good about sending these out to so if you have pets this can help out as well.

5. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    I once complained to walmart about the bread not being fresh and am still getting coupons every month.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I didn't know about this. Sometimes you just have to insist to get discounts. Thanks for the info!

7. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Check your store's coupon policy. Many stores do indeed let you use both a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon on the same item. Some stores will even let you use one of their competitors' coupons instead of their store coupon.

8. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I get some coupons, but mostly from going to the manufacturer website. If you request them there, they often send you deals every once in a while. I do love getting coupons!

9. ansleigh

ansleighNew Member

Threads:
    Today everybody wants to save money.Clipping discount coupons and planning your shopping visit can save you lots of cash. If you do not have much time but would like to get into some great discounts, store coupons. It is possible to shop with coupons in many different ways.

10. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I'm still new at successful couponing. I signed up recently through a bunch of the direct companies and began receiving coupon booklets in the mail. They definately have some great coupons in them & will be useful in the coming months. Lots of companies offer booklets of coupons shipped to your home for free.

11. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Great tip, Isabella!! I did contact Similac for coupons for my babies, but didn't check into other companies. I'm totally on that now. :) I stopped getting formula coupons after a year or so, but that might have been because we moved. I'm so glad I found this forum! It's only been one day and I've gotten a ton of great info already!!!

12. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Similac and Gerber are good about sending coupons.

I also recommend contacting companies about positive and negative experiences with their products. I bought a bounce bar the other day that fell apart in the dryer and emailed them about it and they mailed a coupon for a new one!