A neat way to save money?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Denis Hard • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine is a business man who buys stuff in bulk and resells them on eBay, locally, etc. He usually buys empty boxes from local retailers at very low prices, 're-models' them them then used them to pack whatever has been bought by his customers. It saves him a lot because he doesn't have to buy self-branded packaging material.

Can this work elsewhere, say in offices - reusing material which you think is of no value any more?

2. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I think it can work in other places. Ten years ago, people wouldn't think twice about throwing away items they felt has no value. But nowadays, more and more folks are starting to wake up and realize how much things are going to waste. As long as something is in good condition, it can be reused. It's good the the planet and good for the economy.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    This works and I have personally received shipped items I bought online using recycled boxes. I don't mind at all. In fact I favor this type of packaging because the packaged item looks cheap and uninteresting to crooks in the postal office. Online shoppers in our country often face problems such as missing or stolen packages. I believe if the packaging is too nice, some thieves may even take interest in its contents. Ordinary boxes may at least turn off some of the thieves.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more interested in knowing how your friend manages to make a decent living on Ebay, considering the place is so saturated these days and everyone has to lower their prices just to keep competing.

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    The buying in bulk thing seems like a great idea that I'll have to try out sometime. I usually buy my stuff online, and if it's not important I'll get a Chinese knock off for much cheaper. My ways aren't exactly interesting buy they do save you quite a bit.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Simply enough: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Follow the 3Rs, then you will be saved from overspending. It's gonna save you a lot of money, and not only that, it's not only who benefit from practicing this, you also contribute is saving the environment.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think your friend is very smart. I reuse boxes to ship all the time. I like to recycle items as much as possible to not only save money but to help keep items out of the landfill. I have to make copies for my job, I scan the information into the computer then I have a stack of paper which I use to write notes on or print on the good side if I don't need to give the paper to anyone.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You buy unique vintage things at thrift stores and yard sales and you resell them. If you're the only one that has something scarce, unique, or vintage, you won't have a lot of competition.