A new natural skin tightener you can make at home?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ChanellG • Nov 30, 2012.

1. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever noticed the tightening effect on skin that happens when you are cutting some varieties of squash? I would bet that juice from summer squash and even zucchini could be used as a toner to tighten the skin. I've never tried it on my face (the last thing I need is to look even younger than people already say that I do), but I've noticed the effect is long lasting on my hands.

How about it? Anyone out there willing to give it a try?

#1Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Chanell, I guess it would. I use cucumber slices on my face and feel the tightening effect. I have never used lemon, but green tea is awesome. I have been using this with great results.
    Maybe I would try melon sometime and let you know. :)

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, I don't I have ever heard of green tea having a tightening effect on skin before. I seem to remember something about how women used to rub lemon on their elbows in the 1950s and 60s for softening, not sure about tightening. I've never noticed a tightening effect from cucumbers before either. I love cucumbers! Add them to the list of foods I would not want to sacrifice for a beauty treatment, lol.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually make an egg white facial mask, which tightened my skin. I simply mixed one egg white with about a tablespoon of lemon juice, which is known to lighten freckles.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My face doesn't show my age. I don't look my age, but my hands are a different story. They don't like my age, but they do remind me of my mother's hands when I was a kid. I'm going to try out the squash juice. I have been looking for Milk of Magnesia because my grandmother swore by it. It's very hard to find!

Lemons are used to lighten the skin. I don't want that. I love my skin tone.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Great information that I had never tried before, but I will now however and get back to you to let you know how it works. I have heard that lemon juice tightens your skin and my dad told me about the egg whites that his sisters used all the time. So I will be using some of these ideas.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Milk of Magnesia is really easy to find at any drug store. Is there a particular product you're looking for? Maybe you can order it from someplace like drugstore.com. I personally don't use it, but I know others who do and it's everywhere!

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of people using lemons to even out their skin tone, but I doubt how effective it would be at actually lightening your entire face.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've heard of the cucumber and egg white ones. Mashed strawberries as a face mask are also supposed to be anti-aging. Chanell, the good news is that if you eat these foods, they do just as much good from the inside, because of their high levels of anti-oxidants. I also have the 'problem' that people think I'm younger than my 60 years, and I think it's down to looking after my skin and eating plenty of fruit and vegetables.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It must be regional because it's hard to find here in California. We used to have local drugstores, but now we just have the major chains. I remember a drugstore called Rexall that carried it because my mom would use it.

I'm going to check out drugstore.com

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw a combination of green tea and oatmeal that wash to be used on the face as a mask. I haven tried it yet, I do plan to try it soon and will post the results.

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I will be trying some of all the different masks that you all have mentioned above. It is a lot more cheaper then those expensive items they have on the market these days. I would much rather use one of the home remedies to tighten my skin and to make it younger looking beings they are all natural. Thanks for all the tips everybody!

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best natural skin tightener is cold water. Submerge your face in cold water and your skin will feel tight in seconds. Cold water is a better option because it doesn't contain the harsh chemicals found in face care products.

14. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried squash or zucchini on my skin (either face or hands), but I'm willing to give it a go. I do love cooking with them, though, so I hope eating them imparts just as healthy an effect on your body as it does for your skin on the outside.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I hope so too, lol. I think if you had a lot of squash and you saved the end pieces you could probably come up with enough "raw" material to make a toner. It's certainly something worth experimenting with since it isn't likely to harm your skin any.

16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I actually used to put honey all over my face and then I would wash it off with cold water.
    After that I would put some lemon on it and my face would just swell in a tight way.
    I also used to out a little bit of toothpaste because it really dries out the parts that have pimples or pimples that are about to form.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Anna, what do you mean when you say your face "would just swell in a tight way"? The idea of using something as a tightener is to have firm skin; swelling suggests something expanding and getting larger, which is not the goal here. Did you mean something different to what I am reading?