A Small Car Is Economical

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Corzhens • Aug 13, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These so called people's car with small engines of less than 1200 cc is very economical. We have 2 cars, an SUV with a 2.3 engine versus my small car of 1.2 engine which is almost half of the SUV. In consumption, yeah, it's just half. So we always use that small car when there are only 2 of us who will ride much more if there is only me. It's a big savings driving a small car in terms of fuel cost. An added bonus is the ease of getting a parking space. That's why our SUV is normally used for long family trips only.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Right, if you don't have a lot of kids, then a small car might be the better choice. However, though, some singles or couples might prefer larger cars cause they want to look cool Also, sometimes larger vehicles, like say trucks, are good for hauling things.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when I used to own a van I would have to put,gas in it quite frequently. Since the van was kind of giving up it was switched for a smaller car and the times we put gas in it was way less than we pumped in the van. A good amount of money was safed after the switcj so we actually went out more.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    A small car can do real miracles in our pocket. The reduction they promote is impressive and always worth it. I admit that it's not the kind of car that I like, but that's what my pocket can afford (at least for now).

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely smaller cars are much more economical and easier to park. I almost failed my driver's test because I was more than 12" from the curb. Got my license and enjoyed driving. I owned both mid size and small cars remember when they had full service stations a while back that's when I had cars. Now I bus only. Now I love the electric cars. There's free fill up at Kamehameha Shopping center, well that's what the sign says anyway. I see people using it too and there is no attendant, so it must be free. There is a comment here about the free charging area at Kam Shopping Center in Honolulu.

Electric cars with 100 miles range and in 2018 over 200 miles range coming!

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Hyundai Amica which looks really small but is deceptively spacious inside. When I went on holiday last year we managed to pack two adults, a child, 2 dogs and luggage in it!

The only thing is the tax is quite high for a small car. I didn't check this out before I bought it as I assumed that being small and having a l litre engine it would be low. I should have checked it out first.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's only natural that the smaller vehicles which do not contain a large powertrain will allow for lower operational costs. I n many places, people may have a small and a larger vehicle the small vehicle is utilized for short distance trips and the larger vehicles are utilized for long distance journeys because it's considered that the smaller vehicles are more economical for short distance travel and the larger vehicles are more suitable for the long haul.