A Tip For Pet Toys...

Discussion in Pets started by SEA81 • May 19, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Buy them at garage sales! Stuffed animals and little rubber toys are a gazillion dollars in the pet stores (okay, not quite a gazillion, but close enough ;)), so anyway, but I have started stopping garage sales and now that's where I get all of my pets' toys. Almost everyone has old stuffed animals for sale and many people have old baby toys. If they're good enough for babies, I presume they're good enough for pets! They're also a lot more durable than typical pet toys. My younger dog walks around with a stuffed animal in her mouth constantly and eventually tears them up, so it saves me money. Just be careful not to get ones with beans or beads in them.

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    We buy all our pet toys at Big Lots! They are usually a dollar or 2 and they are specifically designed for pets so we know they are 'pet safe.'

3. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your kind suggestions. We are going to take care of beans or beads pets toys.

4. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    When my cat was small I used to spoil her with all sorts of cat toys, little furry mice, little toy things hanging from strings, etc. which were store bought. In the end her favourite toys were (and two years later, still is) an old shoelace, which we have to replace now and then, and a ping pong ball!

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Good idea - as you say, if they're baby safe, they're probably pet safe as well. Just run them through the washing machine before giving them to your pets. Also, dollar stores tend to stock a range of pet products, and it may be possible to pick toys up there for a fraction of the price of the pet stores.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I have never thought of giving my pets stuffed animals as toys, that's a bit odd for me. I would rather give them those rubber bones that's made for chewing if they're dogs, or just a piece of string or crumpled plastic/paper if they're cats. But that's a good suggestion for those who are into giving their pets stuffed animals as toys.

7. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    This is a good suggestion! My outside dog will tear up stuffed toys within a few days, so this would save a ton of money. I have been going through leftover toys from when my brother and I were little and I'm running out. Thanks!

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Great suggestions there.. I used to spend quite a bit on my pet toys.. she hardly ever plays with those anymore.. all she wants is what my son plays with.. maybe i should look around for balls and gloves in some garage sale and save myself some money.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I usually get my dog stuffed animals from good will or places like that i got a bag full of stuff animals for him for 2 bucks also i go to big lots dollar tree and other dollar stores and usually can get a lot for my money with out spending an arm and a leg.