A Trip For Under $50?

Discussion in Travel started by haivu721vn • Dec 8, 2016.

1. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    So can you really travel with just $50? I'm really bored now. I have been spending time next to my laptop for too long. I wanna go outside. However, I only have $50 left.
    Sound like a difficult challenge, but I've heard someone traveled to another country with just $25 in his pocket. It must be possible!!

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on your agenda and travel plan. You can take a train or bus to nearby place. Or choose to live in a cheap hotel, a guest house or a church/temple accomodation which is usually very cheap and eat at temples/free food offers.

Then it may be possible provided you aren't into shopping.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a frequent flyer to other countries. Discounted plane tickets are our refuge all the time. However, I don't think $50 can afford you a travel abroad. You can buy a round trip ticket for that amount if you are lucky in airline websites. But you will still need pocket money to spend in your tour.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It is definitely possible if you are not into shopping to travel on a limited amount of money. You may not have enough to go abroad, but I think that you would have enough to be able to take a day trip out somewhere.

The beach in your country for example, you can take a packed lunch and then all you have to pay for is the fare.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can travel very cheaply these days, but it depends where you are in the world and where you want to go? Bus fares can be as little as a dollar if you book early, and you can get hostels for a couple of dollars a night or take a tent, or couch surf for free.

6. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Would you believe if I say I can travel to another country with $0? In fact this is possible. I am in Nepal just at the Nepal-India boarder (South Asian countries), I cross the border on foot and enter India. See, I traveled to another country in $0. This is possible because Nepal-India is open border, Nepalese and Indians can travel to and fro. However, traveling to another country in $50 is impossible.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on how far you want to go. You can go a few hundred miles if you have a hybrid car. You may also go from city to city for less than that. You can go to NYC to Washington and back again for less than that. You may also be able to take a shuttle train fairly inexpensively.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    How long do you wish to stay out for your planned tour? Actually it all depends on your eating, staying and traveling habits. If you hitchhike you are good to spend one full week with $50 in my area. If you can sleep in waiting rooms and eat street food you can perhaps survive for a full fortnight. Now decide for yourself, I have many plans for a budget of $50 :) And if you wish to travel with someone then perhaps you can even save some money from your $50 :)

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are just bored and want an adventure, try walking to a nearby place. Find a nice inexpensive restaurant and enjoy. Do some research online first to see what kind of restaurants you'd like to go to nearby and walk to it and have a fun time eating and walking back. It's good to see the neighborhood, exercise and get a bit of tasty treat at the same time. All you'll spend is for the food for your foot-mobile will be free. What'll you'll spend on food is going to be nominal so you'll have lots of money to keep too. Have fun whatever you do!

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I just had this funny thought. In the US, you could travel to Mexico or Canada with only 50 dollars, assuming you lived near the southern or northern border. Also, if you had a boat and lived in Alaska, you could paddle your way to Russia. :rolleyes: Considering there is no Cold War, you might not get shot.o_O Now, in regards to Cuba, I wouldn't be so brave even if relations had warmed under Obama.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That amount of $50 I think is just too small to pursue a travel outside your country even if you were going to a neighboring as in same boundary country. Why not keep it as savings and gather more money to it when the total money become reasonable you can plan a travel.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Going abroad for such meager budget, I don't think you can go far. I know you can use that money to travel maybe within your country. Or if there is a promo, you may avail of such affordable travel. If I were you and you insist to go somewhere else out of our country, you look for a generous sponsor or you may join any organization or agency that is going to have an educational tour to other countries. In that case, you could be saving a lot of money.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am picturing not really the most lavish type of trip, but I would also think that at the same time I would come out of it thinking that it was a big success with the money that was saved.