A Very Simple Tip On How To Get Rid Of Acne

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Lovely Babe • Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lovely Babe

Lovely BabeNew Member

Threads:
    I mentioned in the other thread here that I was once suffered from acne for more than six years. For some of us here who got that CURSE too, believe me when I say that "I feel you!". I really know how frustrating it is to have that ugly acne on your face. You can't deny how it lowers your self-esteem when facing to people especially to your crush, Right? And you missed a lot of opportunities and activities due to lack of confidence caused by acne that you think you don't look good and that you don't feel good, right again? And yes, I've been desperate more than enough to search ANYTHING and EVERYTHING just to get rid of it. I tried for natural remedies, dermatologists, quack doctors, alternative medicines, acne creams...name it all! I've been through with all of those suggested acne solutions. But sadly, none of them works for me and just made my skin more sensitive. Until I got tired of treating this CURSE I have and just accepted to myself that I will have this monster acne with me for life. Then so I stopped using anything and just leave it like that.
    Now, I'm free from acne at last! HOW??? As I said I stopped treating my acne anymore, forced myself to stop worrying about it and just leave it alone. When taking a bath, I just take a bath simply like I used to when I don't have my acne yet. I put soap on my face for about 5 seconds only then rinse it off immediately to avoid making my skin sensitive. At night, I rarely use cleanser only if I done heavy makeup but mostly I just go to bed immediately then sleep. So basically, my skincare is to treat it as normal as it was before when I was young. I'm sharing this thinking that this could be a great tip for some people who suffers from acne. If you think that you already did everything that you can but still didn't get any good result, try my tip to stop treating it as I did because it works to me, so maybe to you as well.
    My point is that we all have different skin types and some of those suggested acne solutions just doesn't work for all. Wish you luck! :)

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing these tips, I also had my fair share of acne when I was young, and I used Panoxyl Acnegel to get rid of them, I suggest you to try it! It's available over the counter too and the price is affordable as well.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband's skin has also been ravaged by acne. But when he was 50 years old, he decided to stop curing it because he is already old anyway. Miraculously, the acne stopped coming although it appears once in a blue moon. Maybe it is the soap because the soap he is now using is the mild one which is made for babies. So I am teasing him that he has baby skin.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I found works great for getting rid of acne is swiping a cotton ball of alcohol on the infected spot. This shouldn’t be used on your whole face but is good if you have a pimple. The alcohol kills the bacteria and helps clear it up. However, be careful because alcohol isn’t the best for your skin and can really dry out your face. I use just a little bit on the infected area to speed up healing.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Great advice @Lovely Babe@Lovely Babe! :) I have to say I couldn't agree with you more. I also suffered from acne after I gave birth. Since then, I have tried almost everything (like what you've said) to get rid of them. I just wasn't used to having acne on my face so I wanted to get rid of them immediately when I had them. It turned out that I was only damaging my skin more as I searched for cures to remove my acne. When I also stopped applying all the things that I thought would remove my acne and returned to my old simple face regimen, my pimples slowly decreased in number.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! Thanks for your advice. I must agree with you, though I don't suffer from acne so much, I do get them once in a while. I noticed that when I use the commercial facial cleansers on my face, I get pimples more. Now, I don't even get them much or if I do, it's very rare. And mind you, my sleeping habits are out of whack as well. So for me, the solution was just to use plain water and sunflower oil as a moisturiser. That did wonders for my face as now it's clearer, has less blackheads and softer as well.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Well I for one, suffers skin asthma. This means that my skin is extremely sensitive and even the slightest bit of unwiped sweat could cause acne and chicken skin breakouts. This is why I always bring my lotion with me in order to moisturize my skin every time I need to. I also wipe off sweat immediately to prevent breakouts. However, the one thing that I can't seemingly get rid of are acne on my back. I don't have face acne anymore but back acne are really the ones that are causing major damage to my confidence because I can't remove my clothes when I'm on the beach. Do you have any tips to cure back acne?

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

That makes two of us, @sidney@sidney! I also use Panoxyl Acnegel at 10% and it's the only thing that's worked effectively on my acne.

@Lovely Babe@Lovely Babe....thanks for sharing your tip! I'm glad it works for you. I couldn't put soap on my face as the alkalinity and acidity is too high for me. If this has worked wonders for you, stick with it :)