Absurd price for ordering cheques.

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Lostvalleyguy • May 6, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't write a lot of cheques (Yes that is a Canadian spelling) these days but need to have them around. I just came to the point when I needed to reorder more and was shocked by the price. It works out to about 75 cents per cheque. It has been a few years since I last ordered them but I don't think they were anywhere near as expensive as I would likely have remembered being shocked.

It is a perfectly legal thing to photo copy a blank cheque and to hand write in the details. I have needed to do this in the past. It doesn't look as impressive but the only important parts on a cheque are the bank and account numbers. As long as the details are clear and the cheque is signed and dated, it is a legal document.

Have you needed to order cheques recently? Have the prices skyrocketed? I am wondering if the way banking has changed has reduced the demand to the point where the prices needed to go up.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still from the time when cheques were free and had no expire date. In fact I still have quite a few of those I just found the other day. This just proves how much money banks make, they just invent stuff for us to pay and that's it!