Acceptable to use coupons on a date?

Discussion in Coupons started by writer811 • Aug 14, 2012.

1. redheadinlove

redheadinloveNew Member

Threads:
    As long as the coupon isn't for McDonalds, I see nothing wrong with it! Especially if you're looking for a long term relationship, you want to be with someone who isn't going to throw your money away. My husband and I go to the same restaurant almost every time we go out because they have a "2 for $20" deal.

2. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    I don't understand why someone would tell you that you shouldn't do this. I can see that maybe on a first date it might be a turn off for some, but I also think that if using coupons and saving money is important to you, then someone who would be bothered by that on a first date probably isn't right for you. I personally wouldn't consider it "cheap". I would think the person was responsible and money conscious. At least, I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that until I knew otherwise.

If you and your partner are both going out and using coupons on a date and that is what you want to do, who is to say that you shouldn't? I think you need to do what is right for you. It doesn't matter what outsiders think is tacky within your own relationship. It only matters what the insiders thing and that's you and your partner. So go for it!