Accepting The Challenge

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cluckeyo • Jul 11, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    The idea was posted, of saving $1 a day. I thought that was a Neat little plan, and it challenged me to think of the best way I could possibly save $1 a day, myself. On a typical summer day, I drink around 6 bottles of water, 1 Coke, 1 Ensure, milk and coffee. I'm not giving up milk and coffee but I am willing to make some changes for the rest of it. I happen to love unsweetened ice tea. And a 16 oz glass costs about 2 cents. So I am switching to iced tea and giving up the water, Coke, and Ensure. I have read that tea is an ok replacement for water, with even more health benefits. So I'm good to go. This plan will save me around $2 per day, which is a pretty good chunk off the grocery bill!!

#1Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, that sounds like a great plan! I have also been looking and trying out ways to save money on drinks.
    I like to drink cold tea and keep it in the fridge. For that I just buy one or two different tea flavor packs (especially peppermint and chamomile) and that lasts quite some time. I have not calculated how much money it actually saves but I do notice a big difference in my wallet :)

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    What a fantastic idea! I am going to give it a try. I've switched to drinking mostly tap water for a few reasons. One it saves money and two I found that when I purposely drink more water I'm better hydrated and feel so much better. This is true in the winter and more so in the summer. My kids love to drink Gatorade when they are playing sports. To save money I buy the powdered gatorade rather than the bottles and make up our own. This way I can control how strong a concentration it is too. I usually make it quite diluted. I love the idea of drinking ice tea as a way of mixing up drinks. I didn't realize it would cost about 2 cents a glass.