Acne

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cardinals27 • Sep 10, 2016.

1. cardinals27

cardinals27New Member

Threads:
    What do you guys think the best product on the market is for getting rid of acne? I suffer from acne along with a lot of people that I know and it would be great to find a product that works very well. What I use right now isn't cutting it and I have been using it for about a month. Also if there is a homemade remedy for acne that would also be something that I would consider using.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Back years ago when my kids were teenagers and they were starting to get skin blemishes, such as pimples and blackheads; I read about using apple cider vinegar for clearing up acne.
    What I did was make a drink for them using koolaid, but I also added some apple cider vinegar to the half gallon of koolaid each time. It made the koolaid a little bit sour, but as long as you do not put a whole lot in, it is not bad. I noticed that it did seem to help out a lot, and they didn't really seem to have a lot of acne problems once we started supplementing their diet with the apple cider vinegar.
    I have also read that coconut oil helps with acne, since it is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, and helps keep the skin clean.
    I have never had to use it for acne; so I don't know how well it works for that; but I use a coconut oil cream on my hands and face all the time, and it does keep it looking and feeling nice and soft.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard so many cheaper alternatives to deal with acne, and I am pretty sure I tried a lot of them when I was younger. When it is all said and done though, I really cannot say that anything worked better than soap and water, and trying to be stress free and getting good sleep. I now it is disappointing to hear, but I think that is just the way it is...for me, at least.

4. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    I also suffered with acne in my earlier years. What eventually worked for me was a simple routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing my skin the right way every day. I used mostly natural ingredients and continue to do so. Maybe you could try that instead of some of these expensive and harsh formulas.

5. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcanoNew Member

Threads:
    The best product for me is roaccutane it's very effective, yeah there are many risks involved when taking it, much like there are risks involved when taking any type of drugs; what I find most effective about this specific drug is that it's considered the last resort, many doctors only prescribe it when everything else fails but sometimes you need to take into account that for some people this is the only way to go.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who suffered with acne for many years. He visited one after another dermatologist and tried numerous methods. The main problem with these products was, they worked but did not work for too long. Then finally he discovered his own way of curing acne. Before going to bed he applied toothpaste on his acne and in the morning it word be gone.

7. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    May I know what product you're currently using? Have you ever heard of Magnesium products? A friend of mine who has severe acne tried it and his acne dried up in a matter of days. Aside from acne, It's also good for people with hypertension, heart problems, diabetes and more. I just do not know if the product is available in your country.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well for me, it has been the sulfur soap. I've tried both Dr. Wong and Dr. Kaufman and the latter has been the best product for me. I've tried several acne treatment products but only the sulfur soap has saved my face from having moon craters.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    The only medications that have worked for me were the ones recommended by my dermatologist. Now that I can't afford any of that I use baking soda. I add it in the mornings and nights right on top of the blemish. It usually takes two days for the pimple to completely dry up.

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You should wash your face with warm water, pass a soft cotton ball with a bit of oxygenated water to disinfect your face and leave it for a while. Your acne will soon dry and be gone the next day or two. It worked for me.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you use Panoxyl Acnegel on your face. It's cheap and it will dry out those pimples overnight. It is the only product that I have used that delivers fast results. Don't bother with all those cleansers and various facial washes, they won't annihilate your pimples the way Panoxyl Acnegel does.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had suffered from acne and the scars are the proof. It only stopped when I started using Safeguard for washing my face and also for bathing. Aside from that, drinking plenty of water helps the skin to be healthy.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The kind of soap we use in taking our bath may be helpful in stopping or treating acne. I always recommend medicated soap or a combination of that. I also reason that taking appropriate antibiotics will be good treatment for acne as this will fight the disease from the systemic.

14. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    You can try this homemade honey face wash. You need 1tb coconut oil, 3 tb honey, 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar, some essential oil drops and 2 capsules of probiotics. Simply mix the ingredients and apply on your face and lets stay for about 15 minutes before rinsing. You should apply a coat of this before you go to sleep in the evening.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Years ago, I normally buy skin care products especially for my face to get rid of pimple whenever I have one. But then I began worrying that these products are not hypoallergenic since I break out more when using them. Then my aunt advice me to try home remedies instead of buying these skin products which costs more to begin with. So I did try that. I tried using honey and lemon on my face, as well as dried green tea leaves and it really cleared my pimples as well as made my face smoother than before :)

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    There is a colleague of mine who has acne all over her forehead and by the sides of her face, I don't know about the other parts of her body. I think I am going to advice her to this Safeguard on her face and bath with it. Also for her to get to drink plenty of water.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank there is no product that can help get rid you from acne. I have heard that more you try to get rid of acne more of them appear on your skin because there is a technical reason which is related to your life style, your skin type and your eating habits. Your hormonal changes play a vital role in acne problem so go for natural ways of getting rid of them to avoid their marks on your body. Taking proper care of your skin, dandruff and living a healthy lifestyle is the key in reducing them.

18. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the cheapest method would be to prevent acne rather than treating them. Most medicines do not work for treatment.

The best method is to keep the skin make up free, aerated, clean and have a facial once in three months.

If you have an oily skin you are more prone to acne. It is best to use products that remove excess oil from the skin to help fight acne.

Steaming and cleansing skin helps a lot too.

19. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used the method you have mentioned here. However, I know a method that has worked on every people who has used it. Apply toothpaste on the acne and let it dry on your face over night and wash with oil control face wash in the morning. You will find your acne gone after few days.

20. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Some problems are so severe that nothing actually works. Medicines, prescribed by the dermatologist, work for a while but seldom the affect lasts.

There're some home made remedies like sandalwood paste, turmeric paste, lemon juice etc.which could give little respite but they're of little help in the aggravated cases.