Acne

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cardinals27 • Sep 10, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I too used a number of products from Garnier to help me get some relief from acne. They all provided a temporary relief. I am interested in knowing the results of the method @Vinaya@Vinaya mentioned here, the toothpaste one. I will try it out from today and see. Some others also mentioned using lime on the skin also helps prevents acne.

Anyways, using natural products is way better than using the artificial creams.They help in keeping the skin fresh and also do not have any side effects.

2. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I honestly do not think there is a singe, sole best product out there for getting rid of acne completely. I believe that different names and brands, as well as their respective ingredients and formulas, simply show different results with different people who try them, at different times. Does this make a bit of sense? There is no universal or 'best' brand of product.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would hate to think about all the money that I had to spend to beat this problem when I was younger. It continues, but not nearly as much as it once was.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Thankfully, I have never suffered from acne. I have heard though that if you make a concentrated mix of sea salt, mixed with a tiny amount of water and placed on the area overnight helps immensely. It kills bacteria and controls the oils in the skin.

the whites of eggs are also really good for getting rid of acne by soaking up the excess oils and shrinking the skin. Honey and cinnamon are also great for getting rid of acne.

There are many remedies that you can use, that are natural and non harmful for your skin, just everyday items you already have in the kitchen cupboard.

5. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    People who go on about treatment get to feel smug about not having acne, but overlook that fact that problem acne is predominantly a genetic fluke where your sebum happens to be the type that acne bacteria thrive on. No amount of soap, clean living and broccoli is going to change what is coming out of your pores. Exfoliating however will sometimes help.

What helps for any particular person is going to be idiosyncratic. Salicylic acid help open pores and wash out more of the pore but the bacteria will still be in the bottom ready to repopulate and spread. Systemic antibiotics can help with acne cysts that are unreachable with topicals. Sulphar and potash soaps are a backup option but can do more harm than good if you irritate the skin and let the bacteria you have spread quicker..

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Acne is a common problem in certain age group for girls and boys and as most doctors say that acne doesn't need a cream or medicine to cure them. In fact, you certainly do not need creams to treat acne unless you have acne marks and if you have them the best suggestion is to visit a dermatologist who knows his job. trying out different creams even make things complicated or beyond repair in most cases.