Addicting Foods?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Miaka_M • May 31, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a food that you find yourself purchasing all the time whenever you go out? That one item that you just have to have no matter what? I had one, they were Tim Hortons ice caps! They were cheap, tasty and cool. They were also super fattening and that is why I stopped. My brother is on that addictive ice cap road now. Do you have an item like that as well?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a food I always buy when I go out, but sure, I can admit I'm pretty addicted to sugar. There isn't like one food that I need to have, but I like desserts... cake, brownies, donuts, candy. When I don't have it in the house I crave it.

Luckily I'm at a time in my life where gaining weight doesn't seem to be a problem for me, so I figure I might as well live it up because it can't last forever.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't always buy that "favorite food" all the time whenever I go out. But sometimes, if I feel like it, I would purchase potato chips, whether it's pringles, lays, or piattos.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am currently addicted to eating Natu chips. They are plantain chips that come in two varieties. One type of chip is made from green plantains, and the other from mature plantains. The former type is crispier and not as sweet as the chips made from the mature vegetables. The chips are baked in a small amount of sunflower oil, and they taste heavenly. I can't get enough of them. :)

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've become addicted to snacking. This semester is the last for my degree and there has been a lot happening. So things I never think about - cookies (unless I'm sick...don't ask), chips, popcorn, and finger foods in general are always on my mind

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any "addicting food" that I must purchase every time I go out, but I do buy Krispy Kreme or pastries everytime I am craving for it and I happen to be outside.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have varying addictions. I'd say this month it seems like I am all about mangoladas right now. Of course this is likely because it's finally warm outside & I love the sweet/savory/cold/spicy nature of it. If you're unfamiliar it's basically a scoop (or two but I like more fruit) of mango sorbet, mango chunks, chamoy sauce, chili powder, & I like a squeeze of lime on mine. Then you just layer the ingredients like a parfait. Looks something like this:
    348s.

However, there are loads of variations on this one. But mmm...mmm...

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cheetos are my addictive foods or in the UK they are Wotsits or cheesy puffs. I've always loved them since I was child and now I can easily eat a large bag. I always get stained finger and an orange tongue though.

I also am addicted to cheese and onion crisps, it was the thing I missed most when I was in the US and sour cream and onion didn't make up for it.

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Craft Beer.
    Can't drink the normal beer anymore it has to be full of flavor. They are about $2-$5 for a half liter.
    People always tell me they are too expensive why buy them? But you know what, it's at least $5 a for a pint of garbage beer at the bar so I don't really consider it overpriced.