Administrator Permissions

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Peninha • Mar 6, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just the other day I was installing a software at work and it installed fine, but it gave me some errors. Finally I realized that I needed to right click with the mouse and select the option "Install as administrator". Anyone had problems as well because of this?

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes this happens quite a lot of time with different software. I believe certain software required administrator permission and hence they need to use the the criteria thoroughly. It works only in this way and cannot be helped.

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    It's a safety measure built into Windows. I can be a little annoying at times but it's for your own good. You wouldn't want some errant software self-installing on your machine, do you?

Anyway, you can easily turn it off by going to the control panel and setting the User Account Control to 'never notify' although that's not advisable.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It doesn't come up for me when installing programs, although I do know what you're talking about. Administrator Permissions is a useful feature in Windows, despite how annoying it can be for mundane things. It's not a hard thing to deal with, though, and it keeps you safer, so it's not recommended to ignore it.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found that feature mostly bothersome. It obviously needs to be there, so people can take away administrator privileges from school/work accounts, but the way they made it in Windows 7 and forward was way too aggressive, I feel.

6. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I do understand the necessity of implementing such feature, but they should also give us a noticeable permission to choose whether we want it implemented to whatever software we want to install. What I mean, is that I had to make a quick search on Google to find where could I deactivate it, for something that we should be asked before being implemented. And it doesn't end here, because sometimes, my Windows 8 wouldn't let me install some applications because it needed "additional administrator privileges", which made me spend half an hour to find an answer. Urgh. :mad:
    I also find myself in your situation oftentimes, as at my workplace I need to install this and that, and even though I'm exposing myself to some risks, I can give up the computer safety for some extra time. :)

7. Obvcynicae

ObvcynicaeNew Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I don't find it that bothersome. It doesn't take too terribly long to click the option that allows you to run it/install it as an administrator, and in the process, it's also reinforcing the fact that you're installing a program, and if you want to reconsider doing that, then it's the time to do so.