Adroid Tablet for kids

Discussion in Product Reviews started by adbarnes • Nov 25, 2013.

1. adbarnes

adbarnesNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased the android tablet for kids for my daughter called the Kurio. That stupid thing only worked for about a month and then the screen went black and never came back on. I tried to get intough with kurio people and they were no help. They didn't help me at all and they so didn't seem like there were interested at all in my issue. Would I ever recomend this no. Don't purchase this item it isn't all that it claims to be and the customer service is very horrible. I hate that I even spend that much money on something that wouldn't even work the full length of the warrty. Oh well. Has anyone else had this problem with the famous kurio.:(

2. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    We ended up getting the Meep Tablet by Organ Scientific. We had so many functionality problems with it after he started playing with it after opening it on Christmas. He didn't get much use out of it for the first few months because of compatibility problems. I tried to contact the company several times, but never really got much of any response. Thankfully, over the last year they've implemented several updates that have made the table very usable. It works better now, than it did when he got it, thankfully!

Sorry to hear you had so many problems with your Kurio, I'd definitely keep trying to bug them about it, especially if it was within the warranty period!

3. KellyValentine

KellyValentineNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you both for this information. I am looking for a tablet for my daughters and right now I'm leaning towards the Nabi Jr. They were using my Kindle Fire for a while but now I'm going to switch over to something a little more kid friendly and plus the Kindle stopped charging.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Children will always be a bit careless when they play with any gadget. This is why regular android tablets just aren't for them no matter how careful they are. Leap Frog has a new tablet for kids called the Leap Frog Ultra. It's really built with kids in mind and it has loads of learning activities. It can also withstand kid's "oops I dropped it" moments, has a 7 inch high resolution screen, is wi-fi capable and has a 1 year warranty. It is a bit pricey for $150 but its definitely worth considering.

5. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    My nephew has really enjoyed his LeapFrog products. I haven't tried the tablet, but I definitely believe in their product line. That said, my niece and nephew both use their parents' iPads and these seem to work great. There's a ton of kid friendly apps out there that will entertain them for hours. As they grow up, they'll continue to use a tablet unlike one designed specifically for kids.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, good to see some comparative reviews on the subject....we've been looking for something a little more kid-oriented than my kindle fire for our son. Good to know which ones definitely DON'T work.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Sad to hear about your experience buying tablets that were worthless.

I think however that the best table for a child is an unbranded Chinese tablet. These tabled are inexpensive and are even useful for the average user that needs a tool to stay connected, play games, or run their favorite apps.

Many people question the quality of those Chinese tablets, but I have personally bought Chinese smartphones and now a tablet, and I can't complain.

8. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I was tempted to buy this for my son after hearing about it but then heard bad things about this and other similar tablets made for children. I decided to buy a normal android tablet (The Nook) and download e-books and apps that were especially for kids. He also likes to watch children's songs and nursery rhymes on you tube using the nook. I really am glad I did because there were about 20 apps that seemed appropriate for my son for free when I looked and several other e-books to rent from my library. It also is something I can use when he is sleeping to surf the web or check e-mail, etc. Of course I limit the time he is on it to no more then 40-60 mins a day.

9. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    A lot of people trust the quality of a tablet nowadays just because it has android OS on it. The truth is that Google doesn't individually review every device before approving them for android usage, and the hardware has nothing to do with the software, so you should read a lot of reviews before purchasing any electronic device.

10. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up. I think tablets must have some kind of factory warenty. If there is a company who won't repair defective goods then I don't want to use them. When you buy a tablet you are trusting that it will work for a reasonable amount of time. Yours broke so quickly, that it is clear that the amount of time was not reasonable. They should replace it!