Ads You Actually Enjoy? What Do Advertisers Get Right?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Diane Lane • Aug 13, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I could probably expound for days about the advertisements I can't stand, but occasionally, advertisers get it right, and I really enjoy the ad. Here's

I actually enjoy watching. I don't know if I'll ever use Drive Time, but I'll never forget the name of the company. This is a compilation of several different ads by them.

BTW, I still miss the

commercials.

What are some of your favorite commercials? Share, so we can all enjoy, and maybe the advertisers will see and improve their ads.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well any of the Budweiser commercials involving animals and or babies are cute. The ad with the famous couple for the smart fridge or whatever it is..saying "Let's get this chardonnay and gravy party started" is kind of cute. I don't know really, I try to forget most advertisements. The Matthew McConaughey ads are kind of interesting...but in the first one..they showed him picking up a cheap flip phone..obviously a prop, what guy with enough money to drive some fancy Lincoln is gonna be using a flip phone??:):);). Apparently, they think no one is going to notice those things.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    There are always some good ones out there, well maybe not always, but the one that immediately comes to mind that I was so disappointed that they discontinued was "the most interesting man in the world" by Dos Equis. I am not sure why they did it, but that seemed like a winner for a advertising campaign if I have ever seen one. I am sure some behind the scenes stuff was going on, which is unfortunate, because those were good.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The etrade baby commercials were good, and I think everyone likes and remembers the "Jake from State Farm" commercial, along with the Aflac duck and the Geico Lizard. I like Geico and my car insurance is dirt cheap, but I must admit, I ddin't sign up with them because of the commercial.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some commercials I enjoy, and they almost always involve babies, young kids or puppies. Those always bring a smile to my face. Some years ago we also had these Simples! Insurance comparison site adverts that we all liked. Aleksandr Orlov the meerkat stole everyone's hearts and off the back of the huge popularity, they seriously milked it for all it was worth LOL I wouldn't be surprised if they still occasionally run them!

6. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Oh yes, definitely the Budweiser commercials, especially the horse ones. I have seen one relating to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and it's very moving. I love most animal commercials, although I don't always remember the brand names involved. I like the ones with the dog family riding in the car and the french poodle walks by and the 'wife' dog gets upset.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmmmm. This is a tough question, because thanks to the internet, I am not often subject to commercials, as most of the stuff I download has the commercials edited out. I am not a fan of adverts because they often use manipulative means in order to get your money. I would much rather buy something off of my own accord, rather than have it pitched to me. But adverts definitely have their pros, in that they inform you about products to begin with.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I agree, regarding the down side, as well as the up side. There are quite a few advertisements that drive me crazy. It seems those are the most often repeated ones, too. How do you have all of the ads removed? Do you mean via an ad blocking app or something like that? I have that for my computer, but I still see some ads. I'm sure companies / sites dependent upon ad revenue have found ways around it. I don't mind a few, but what really bothers me is when I'm trying to read an article on my mobile and the page becomes covered with ads I can't click out of. Those are the sites I tend to avoid visiting, and I'm not shy about telling them why on social media. Since I don't shop as much in person as I used to, I do tend to miss some new products that I might find useful, so that's an up side to the advertisements, and thankfully, I'm usually watching television via my DVR, so can fast forward through the commercials.

9. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I remember a hilarious T.V ad from vulcan vapers. They made a quick sketch showing a couple of blokes complaining about old cigarettes, and experiences all the inconveniences of smoking them. And afterward they
    were shown freaking out over a vaper and dudebro high five each other while releasing clouds of smokes. Pretty silly, but enjoyable to watch.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am referring to the shows that I download. Most of the adverts are edited out, unless you download the web rips of shows. If it was up to me I wouldn't pay for cable tv, because all of the television that I watch is through the internet. I download more or less everything I watch, and I have apps that will record tv shows to where I just forward through them. So I am not really ever exposed to adverts all that much. I also have a browser on my phone that blocks all ads.

11. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I enjoy the Mr. Clean commercial with that one song. Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean...the song is quite catchy and I like it. I mean I don't remember the lyrics, but I do remember the melody and the commercial itself. Plus there's this one commercial in Spanish about Bud light that I find quite amusing. It's about Bud Light's new look and one of the actors acts really confused which I think is hilarious.

12. Aleece13

Aleece13New Member

Threads:
    I love the K9 Advantix ads! The puppy is so cute and the song is super catchy. I enjoy the tobacco quitting ones with the old man singing alone to the guy and his guitar. "You don't always die from tobacco". I don't know I just really like the way they teach a lesson and the song is catchy too.

13. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I really like ridiculous advertisement that stray away from the normal CGI or trends. They actually are interesting to watch and don't just make me switch the channels while it's over. It would usually be something creepy, strange or random.

Nice catchy jingles like JG Wentworth also get you wanting another dose.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy very few adverts and for me they should be either the humorous ones, animated with not much music or the best ones are with small kids displaying their feelings even before they know to speak. It's the imagination of producer that interprets what the kids are saying and that is what sends the actual message to the viewers.

15. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    The best ad I enjoyed watching is not and ad at all but a KDrama Series about Advertisement. It's called "Ad Genius Lee Tea-Baek". If there would be an Ad that I would like to see are Ads about people empowerment and environmental awareness. I know that you won't get much money out of it or maybe none at all but it's okay, that's the ad I want to see.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like the old ads by Omo. I enjoy the demonstration on TV of the cleaning power of the detergent. Another aspect that thrills me about the ads is the accompanying jingle, Omo Omo super blue Omo washes brighter and it shows.

17. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy adverts modelled as animations. There is a company in my country called Faiba an internet broadband company that does exactly that using a character thats conveniently amusing and professional at the same time. There is also another flowery advert on Sunlight, a laundry soap brand.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My all time favourite ad was the Dancing pony which was so cleverly done and the theme tune used was a Fleetwood Mac song. It was for a mobile phone network. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

19. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I would have to say my favorite ads are between the Carl's Jr ads and the Arby's ads. The Arby's ads have that hilarious deep voice giving a good amount of hilarious materiel. Carl's Jr ads always have some intriguing new way to advertise its products.