Adult Coloring Book

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by copelandbessie • Sep 10, 2015.

1. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen these before. I think I would enjoy it. I like colors and the focus involved would relax me. I always love when I create something too.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy it, as I find that it takes my mind off whatever happens to be stressing me out at the time. Also, it is very inexpensive, and if you don't want to buy a colouring book you can always print patterns off the internet to use instead, which I have done in the past. It can help to clear your mind, so it is definitely worth giving it a go if it's something you haven't done before.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Coloring some blank space may be therapeutic for some, but since I am already into astrology, that in itself already occupies my time, and it's one large subject to study, so I have no time to color books, lol. Are those coloring books expensive?

4. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. Exactly. They're complex and require focus, which aids in mindfulness and/or being in the present moment. Being in the 'now' without worries about past or future, is a common spiritual technique to combat stress and anxiety. Also, practicing focusing on a single task is an important skill because often excessive electronic use slowly erodes our ability to focus.

It can be very much like doing a painting...though if you like painting but don't want to do the basic drawing, you could go with some of the more advanced adult-targeted paint by number canvases. If I stare at a blank canvas, sometimes I doodle or draw and sometimes I can't quite get started. With a coloring book, the starting place is already there.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Adult Coloring Books help to relief stress but they also help older people that may have some issues with dementia to help relieve some of the memory loss they may suffer. It has been shown that the tactile act of coloring and the colors use help stimulate the brain.

6. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I have been thinking of purchasing them for my adult nieces and nephews this year. I am grateful for the valuable pro and con input. I would hate to have to cross them of my list as good possibilities because they are so hard to buy for. Keeping track of current trends is very tricky when they are not part of my day-to-day. Actually, I think I will get them and ask for the pages back for my fridge like when they were little. They will get a kick out of that.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today it appears I'm hearing about things I've never heard of before, like these adult colouring books LOL! My initial response was going to be, I'm not interested in that sort of thing. But then someone said it's not as easy as it looks, and they've got my interest piqued LOL I do love a challenge. I'd probably prefer hard copy ones as I feel i'd have better control.