Advantages of Getting Travel Agencies

Discussion in Travel started by vida_llevares • Oct 18, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I have observed that most people who go on international trips hire the services of a travel agency.

Considering the additional cost that these services place in the overall trip budget, what are the advantages and disadvantages?

What are also other alternatives we can work on with a lesser budget?

2. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Some travel agency deputed the tourists for showing attractive price and providing affordable traveling stay. But also beware about the travel agency before taking advantages.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like going for travel agencies. Most of the time, they are more expensive than what we always come up with. You just need to plan thoroughly about the trip and activities you want.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I used a travel agency was 5 years ago and I got ripped off. With hotels, airlines and so many services at your fingertips on the internet you can get better deals if you do a bit of research. You just need to be extra wary you don't send your credit card information off to the wrong people.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Travel agencies could be a good idea as they can find you great deals and make everything smoother and more hassle-free. Alternatively, you could save yourself some money and do the work yourself which could be cumbersome. It is one of those things where you have to weigh the pros against the cons.

6. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    I've never used a travel agency but spend a lot of time on the internet doing research before I book anything. TripAdvisor is a good site for reading reviews and tips from other travelers.

7. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    By taking the package through travel agency the tourist can grab the best deal. The travel agency give you the package according to requirement of place and accommodations.

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use travel agency anymore, with internet, you can find affordable hotels, where is the safe place to stay, places to see, where you can find good food. What to call if you need a transportation. Everything you need to know and everything you need to do can be done in a computer. You can buy an airplane ticket, booked a hotel. With travel agency you don't need to worry about everything, they will do all the work, you just need to pay. Disadvantage of it is you will spend more because of the agency fee. If you have lots of money and don't want to get stress with the booking and everything, then to have an agency is good for you. As long as that agency will not charge you big time.

9. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    There a lot of travel agencies are make the packages for different locations. The travel agency give you the complete deal of all the services and facilities like flight/Volvo, hotel, sightseeing.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled extensively in the past 5-years and I have never used a travel agent, I don't see the need for a travel agent.

Avoiding the 'middle-man' will save you money. Making travel arrangements is very easy online.

11. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I dislike travel agent and agencies because much scam in the world which is not trust able for me that, is why I recommend to you that do not use travel agents but I give to your alternate you must buy the travel guide book..