Affordable Christmas Gift Ideas

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by thisnthat • Oct 20, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    According to

, there are 65 days left until Christmas Day. So, even though I really don't get too into it until after Thanksgiving (since I still have that to plan and shop for and there is still Black Friday and Cyber Monday to check out), I am putting together my Christmas shopping list. I'll also start looking more carefully for things I can pick up along the way.

One thing I plan to give is a throw blanket for a friend who likes to snuggle under one when she watches TV. The one she has now has seen better days. They come in varying prices, but there are a number of options for ten dollars or less. I've seen some cute ones at Walmart and Amazon.

I'm curious about what ideas everyone else has for affordable gifts. What will you be giving your friends and loved ones this year?

2. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Touching on fleece throws again, Walmart also has some for only $2.88. Although I think you can only buy this particular item in store, it's worth a look if you're going there anyway. I saw these the other day, in a variety of prints and solid colors, although it looks like the supply is limited. I might even pick up some of these as a cheap alternative to buying fleece by the yard. I can use them to make gifts like pillows and things.

Have you found any good bargains or come up with any fun ideas so far?

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I find that my family appreciates the simple but useful items. I have gifted items such as blankets, a cheap CD case (for someone that has a loose CD mess), a sketchpad with a pencil and a power strip. They really appreciated it. They actually preferred me buying something for them that they needed. ''See a need; fill a need.'' All for less than 5 dollars.

4. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    Hand knit gifts
    I picked up knitting as a relief from stress in college. Now, I absentmindely knit while I'm watching tv or hanging out with my roommates. It's just a lot of fun and it's soothing. Throw in the fact that all knitted things comes with the idea of cozy love and you've got a winner.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have also gifted blankets that cost $2 to $3 dollars each and to them I add fuzzy socks tied with a nice ribbon. Some of my family members like to write so I look for nice but not so pricey journals and a pack of pens that can be found in dollar stores. I have also collected a few things to gather in a mini gift baskets usually goodies I find at the dollar stores or discounted items. My family and friends love them.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK many stores are doing a whole week of offers, so they start on Monday. Who knows what deals there will be, but I know last year The Body Shop had some great offers where everything was reduced and there were free gifts for each purchase.

It's hard to say what is a good deal because cheap doesn't mean it's good and sometimes you are tempted by the price or free shipping.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have an idea whether you have festive season sales in your country, but here I buy everything in advance whenever I find a good deal.
    The items like crockery, cutlery, show pieces, flower pot, watch etc make good gifts. And one more thing which I really like as a gift is a pot of orchid. However, gifts need to to be selected depending on individual's aspect.

8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I like that. I'm going to try to remember it.

Another great idea. I don't know how to knit, but I can crochet. I love it... "come with cozy love." Nice.

Oh, these are some more nice ideas. Now I need to go look for some of those nice, extra soft socks that will match the blankets I picked out. Cool. I love gift baskets too. They are so much fun to make, and I love making them look nice.

@Theo@Theo those free gifts with purchase are always nice to get. I'll be watching for offers like that. I'm always on the look out for free shipping.